Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stabbing on Bandon Road

Options
  • 14-09-2014 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

Just walking back to a friend's house when I came upon a guy who had been stabbed on Bandon Rd, near the junction with Denroches Cross. More or less outside Annie Macs. Think the altercation started in the pub and spilled out onto the street. The scene is being cordoned off at the moment. Hope the guy makes it, it didn't look good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Hopefully he makes it ...........the demon drink responsible again

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hassy

Sounds terrible, they really need a bit of a police presence up there, college is just back and ive heard there's been a lot of really silly drunken carry on up there, though nothing this bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Hopefully he makes it ...........the demon drink responsible again

Don't think you can simply blame it on drink. I drink (moderately) yet I wouldn't stab a person. Lots of people get rat arsed at the weekend but wouldn't produce a knife and stick it in someone's chest. No, it takes a proper kind of evil scumbag to stab someone, be they sober or drunk. The most cowardly thing one can do to a fellow human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

Saw plenty of gardaí around college road for freshers week, but was at 1 and 2pm, no later. Just a bit of a symbolic gesture as much as anything else really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭rob316

grenache wrote: »
    Don't think you can simply blame it on drink. I drink (moderately) yet I wouldn't stab a person. Lots of people get rat arsed at the weekend but wouldn't produce a knife and stick it in someone's chest. No, it takes a proper kind of evil scumbag to stab someone, be they sober or drunk. The most cowardly thing one can do to a fellow human being.

Absolutely, its got nothing to do with drink its just been a scumbag.

That guy who did the stabbing will be charged with "reckless assault with the intention to cause harm" which carries a sentence of about 2 years. If you plunge a knife into someone that should be attempted murder no exceptions.

A neighbour of mine got in a fist fight one day outside his home, some scumbag with a big mouth hit him, neighbour got the best of him so your mans buddy decided to stab him a few times to even it out.

Neighbour was destroyed he had to give up work (he was a carpenter) and the **** that did it got 2 ****ing years with the finally year suspended if he stayed off the drugs and was bound to the peace. Joke shop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Is this the same one? He was stabbed in the heart, if it is :eek:

http://corkindependent.com/20140915/news/man-stabbed-in-glasheen-S90860.html
    Gardai are investigating the stabbing of a 38 year old man in the early hours of Sunday morning.

The man was stabbed three times, including once in the heart, during a row outside a house at Croaghtamore Square in Glasheen at approximately 1.20am.

The man, who is from Ballyphehane, was bought to Cork University Hosptial where he went emergency surgery following the stabbing. His condition improved following the surgery and he is now in a serious but stable condition in the Intensive Care Unit at CUH.

Gardai are appealing for witnesses to the incident and have already taken statements from people who were in the house.

Anyone who witnessed the assault or has any information that can assist Gardai is asked to contact Togher Garda Station on 021-4947120.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Faith wrote: »
    Is this the same one? He was stabbed in the heart, if it is :eek:

http://corkindependent.com/20140915/news/man-stabbed-in-glasheen-S90860.html

Yeah that's the one, Croaghtamore Square is just off Bandon Rd. Turns out that it started at a house party and the argument spilled out onto the street, when I came upon him he was sprawled on the footpath on Bandon Road. He seemed in a bad way.

So glad I don't live on bandon road anymore, it's gone to the dogs in the last few months.

Advertisement