Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mackerel fillets to trade for beer

• 14-09-2014 3:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Me and the boys caught a bunch of mackerel tonight so we filleted them and put them in the freezer. We'll trade 30 fillets for a case of beer and a bag of crisps.
    Offer good for up to 2 cases.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,398 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Would crisps now, beer later work for you and the boys?

How many packets of crisps (beer maybe later) would you accept for the freezer plus piscatorial contents only?

Can you deliver within the EU?

Any warranty on the freezer?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Sounds fishy to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

think he is only codding, though its not my plaice to judge

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

OP has ye, hook, line and sinker!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 skofealofe

beer beer beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,398 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Apparently there is a biblical amount of mackerel on the west coast at the moment.

So, OP, how many cases for the empty freezer? You can keep the fillets... :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3 skofealofe

Biblical is right! But it takes a car, petrol, the right fishing gear, a few friends who arent afraid to get their hands dirty, and someone willing to do all the filleting on the spot, in order to stock the freezer. We were pulling them in 6 at a time.

We can easily keep them and eat them all ourselves over the next couple months. But it makes for a much cooler story if we traded them for beer :)

Advertisement