Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Open Shelving in Kitchen

• 14-09-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of leaving the presses for crockery without doors, just two units.
    Would it be a nightmare to keep clean?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

It would attract alot of dust. What about if you have children or have other people's kids visiting, would they pull it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

RubyGirl wrote: »
    It would attract alot of dust. What about if you have children or have other people's kids visiting, would they pull it out.

The dust I would worry about... but don't know if it's enough to put me off.
    No kids of my own and should be out of the reach of others.

Maybe I should just have a glazed door instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭firlodge

Hi
    I'm an interior designer (so should know better! ;-) I have both open shelves & doors.
    Open shelves take so much more (ie large plates & awkward shaped platters) I have such frequent turnover of everything that they never get a chance to get dirty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Addle wrote: »
    I was thinking of leaving the presses for crockery without doors, just two units.
    Would it be a nightmare to keep clean?

Looks so much better go for it

Advertisement