Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

My Stupid Question: Can I restore an iphone that was never backed up?

• 14-09-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭

I plugged a new iphone into the pc for first time and stupidly backed up an old iphone backup to the new phone. Everything that was on the new phone has been wiped. Is there any way to reverse this process and get back to the files that were there before plugging in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Even if you didn't manually back it up, did you have iCloud backup turned on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

flanree wrote: »
    I plugged a new iphone into the pc for first time and stupidly backed up an old iphone backup to the new phone. Everything that was on the new phone has been wiped. Is there any way to reverse this process and get back to the files that were there before plugging in?

Unless you have a backup of the new phone no you can't. Was this a brand new phone or did you have a few things on it that you want to get back? If it was brand new and had no files you can restore and setup as a new iPhone to delete everything from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

its a few months old with no icloud or itunes backup ever done. I'm screwed yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I think so :-(

Make sure to turn on iCloud backup on the new phone for the future.

i tried a trial of that Wondershare Dr. Fone software, it scanned the phone bu just found the current files. Anyone know a similar package that works? I can't see how it could, the data must be gone gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

flanree wrote: »
    i tried a trial of that Wondershare Dr. Fone software, it scanned the phone bu just found the current files. Anyone know a similar package that works? I can't see how it could, the data must be gone gone.

Don't bother with any of that rubbish some of those types of software can contain hidden files which could be harmful. I'd suggest making a backup to you laptop and then turning on iCloud. Best way of keeping your files secure.

fair enough. time to tell the wife the good news (her phone). wish me luck :)

Advertisement