Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Aldi multicooker (slow cooker) temperature??

Options
  • 14-09-2014 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I bought the Aldi multicooker a few weeks back when it was available and i have had mixed results. The pressure cooker is great for brown rice etc but i think the slow cooker is running at quite a high temp. I cooked pulled pork (from the cookery club recipe ) and last night popped on a roast beef for dinner today. Both recipies called for the meat to be cooked on low but this thing doesn't seem to have a low setting. The meat both times is kinda dry and crumbly as if it was very overcooked. I am going to experiment with shortening the cooking time but i hate ruining dinners.

Does anyone have any experience with this model or advice. The accompanying manual was shocking.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It seems that you are not the only one having difficulty with this based on the Aldi UK Facebook page.

tl;dr - Check this site for the instruction manuals.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I have no experience of that model, but I can tell you that nothing ever comes out of a slow cooker dry so it must be way too hot for slow cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

It seems that you are not the only one having difficulty with this based on the Aldi UK Facebook page.

tl;dr - Check this site for the instruction manuals.

Very useful link, thank you. It doesnt appear that i have a traditional slow cooker, its a pressure slow cooker, hence the dryness 😢... apparently i need to use the cake function to slow cook for 90 mins only.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

I have no experience of that model, but I can tell you that nothing ever comes out of a slow cooker dry so it must be way too hot for slow cooking.

I agree unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

oakshade wrote: »
    Very useful link, thank you. It doesnt appear that i have a traditional slow cooker, its a pressure slow cooker, hence the dryness 😢... apparently i need to use the cake function to slow cook for 90 mins only.

If it can only slow cook for 90 minutes then I wouldn't call it a proper slow cooker and Aldi really shouldn't be selling it as such if it can't be set to slow cook for at least 8 hours.
    I'd bring it back if thats the case because you aren't going to get the best out of slow cooker recipies if it isn't up to the task. I've done that pulled pork recipe in the slow cooker at least 10 times at this stage and its always come out really well, the instructions in the thread are fool proof with pics to boot so if you're following that and aren't getting results the cooker is the problem. Consider bringing it back, large Tescos normally sell slow cookers for around €20 or so which isn't that much dearer than what Aldi sold theirs for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement