Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i collect a letter early from a sorting office/post office?

Options
  • 14-09-2014 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

hello,

i have an important package coming tomorrow morning (monday) but have a flight at 1pm and need this package before i go, i am worried it wont arrive on time.

it should be in rathmines post office by now ? would they allow me call in early in the morning and collect it before it goes out on the rounds with the postman?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,058 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Generally no, this isn't an option. It is likely already sorted and bagged for the route if it is going to arrive tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

You possibly could have arranged this if you spoke to your postman last week and agreed to meet him at the depot tomorrow morning just as he was starting his rounds. Without a prior arrangement I can't see it happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Postman follows a set route, so if your post normally comes at 9am, it will be there at that that or thereabouts.

If you know your postman well, you would have a slight chance as he/she would have letters in address order according to his round. But as for just calling in and asking for a letter from the post delivery counter, not a chance and legally not possible either as they have an obligation to deliver to the address on the letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement