Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs dine for free in Hampstead

• 14-09-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

I moved to the UK last September and I am still surprised at how dog friendly they are here. I came across this today in my news feed, my dog is at home in Ireland, so unfortunately she won't get to enjoy a free dinner :P It would be great to see something similar in Ireland.

http://now-here-this.timeout.com/2014/09/14/dogs-dinner-pooches-eat-for-free-at-hampstead-restaurant-week/
    Ever get an awful pang of guilt as your puppy dog peers up at you with *those* eyes when you sneak out for a fancy meal where only bipeds are invited? Well, you should. Because dogs get hungry too, you know. But you can make it all up to Fido in Hampstead this week, because Lily’s Kitchen are providing your dog’s dinner for free with the purchase of a human meal at The Wells, The Holly Bush and The Horseshoe all day during Hampstead Restaurant Week. And don’t expect a bowl of questionable brown mush, either. Your furry best friend will tuck into three courses with a choice of two mains, and will even get to take home a furry best friend of their own… a new tennis ball! They’ll need help working off that dinner, after all. Owners will be invited to make a £5 donation to Kids Company, a charity that provides support to vulnerable inner-city children.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My dad lives near there, it's not far from the Heath, lots of dog friendly pubs around there too.

We often used to bring our chap into Kilkenny, couple of cafés there we sat in the sun and enjoyed a cuppa with the dog, even both of them, although outside in the enclosed eating areas.
    There are a few places, maybe not on par with the place in the story above, must look out for it next time we're over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Lovely news. Lily's Kitchen is one of the ranges I'm looking at for her nibs and it reminds me of the Body Shop in the early days.

Doggy people in Ireland should really lobby for more access to public locations for well-trained, licensed and insured canines. If shop and restaurant owners can trust service dogs to behave, they might consider allowing other dogs access as well. After all, dogs tend to be more biddable and less messy than children. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Yeah it would be great to see more acceptance in Ireland, I was at Greenwich market the other day and there were loads of dogs wandering about, one day was even sat beside his owner up on the seat in the pub!! :cool:

Even on public transport. There are always dogs on the bus, it would have made my life a lot easier in Dublin if I could have brought Ruby around on the bus :D

There is also a pub down the road from me where occasionally I see a woman sitting outside with her rabbit on a harness!!

Advertisement