Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

approval to open an IT shop in a rented space

Options
  • 14-09-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I want to rent a space and start a sole trader. 2 questions please:

How can I know if in that space is allowed to open an IT shop?Do I need an approval for that?

After signing the contract for rent the space, what else do I need from the owner of the space, to open a sole trader there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

What do you mean IT? Are you talking mobile phone repair business, selling IT products like computers etc? The reason I ask is that if you open a business selling computers etc.. I would suggest that you set up a company rather than a sole trader.

First of your going to have to find a retail unit to rent and view it to see if it is suitable for your business. If it is suitable you will need to provide the estate agents / landlord with whatever he is requiring. This will normally be at least reference from previous landlord / deposit and bank ac details some estate agents / landlords look for more.

In relation to the contract I would strongly suggest having a commercial solicitor look over it and see if anything needs to be changed. I always make sure to get a walk away clause put into the contract. This basically means that if i sign up to lease the place for 10 years I can put in a clause that lets say 4 years that after 4 years I can walk away without any issues if I decide the location is not what I was expecting or things just are not working out.

Being a sole trader all the responsibility is going to come down to you. So if there is any debts the business owes these will belong to you.

Advertisement