Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden or metal shed

• 14-09-2014 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello all, can I pick some brains please? I have a very small urban back garden. The last wooden barna type shed was eaten by next door's ivy - it grew in through gaps between the walls and the roof and eventually the thing was structurally unsound and had to be replaced.

The next (barna type) shed also has some ivy growing through it. (The shed is in the corner of the garden up against the back wall to save space so its difficult to get behind it to lop the ivy before it gets in). In fairness the shed is only a space to bung stuff into so am not exactly monitoring this on a regular basis.

But I am looking at replacing the shed (again!). OH wants a metal shed but I think it will look awful - there's not much possibility to screen it from view in a tiny garden, specially if it has to be out from the wall to avoid the triffids from next door. I would prefer a wooden pressure treated shed - but can these be fitted with a metal roof or plastic roof to be more weather and vegetation resistant?

Has anyone got any tips for the best shed in a small, damp garden?

Thanks

Advertisement