Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dress Alterations

• 14-09-2014 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone could help me get a rough idea how much it costs to get a dress taken in?

I have a black jersey dress that I really like but having lost some weight earlier this year, it needs to be taken in at the waist.

I've never had anything altered before and I don't want to bring it in and get a shock!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Molecule

I got quotes from a couple of places in Dublin to have a dress taken in recently and they were all around €30 -€40. It was an expensive dress so I didn't mind paying a bit more to make sure it was done properly, but I'm sure there are probably cheaper places around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

A jersey dress should be very easy to take in. I got one taken up before in northside shopping centre and it was €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Thanks for your replies.

I don;t mind paying a bit to get it altered but I'm fairly broke at the moment so I'd before to wait a while if it's going to be expensive.

I guess I'll just have to go in and get it priced. I've a seam on a skirt to be fixed too so I won't feel too bad if I have to leave the dress for a while.

Advertisement