Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble downloading Firefox

Options
  • 14-09-2014 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I'm trying to switch from chrome to firefox because I am having problems with my chrome, on certain websites it will take forever to load and then sometimes end up not loading at all, with the error "This webpage is not available" or sometimes with half the images not loading.. The only way I've found to fix this is to clear my cache and it will work for a while (sometimes) but then I'll encounter the same thing again.

So basically I got fed up of dealing with chrome and wanted to start using firefox as my browser. So I dowloaded the setup but when I try to open it a message comes up saying Extracting and then whatever percent but shuts down before it finishes. Sometimes I've gotten further than this, starting the download but then something along the lines of it getting interrupted comes up..

I've seen other people with saying to disable my antivirus, I've tried this to no avail.

So is there a fix for my problems with getting firefox? Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.. Thanks

I have tried using Internet explorer and get the same errors, pages wont loads etc.. So maybe it isn't just my chrome and its my internet in general? I did more research and dowloaded a program called ADWcleaner, to delete suspicious files and it didn't work :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Thats a strange issue, but I would download CCleaner to clear your internet cache and also use the registry cleaner. See if that resolves your issue.

Advertisement