Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amniotic test at Castlebar maternity?

Options
  • 14-09-2014 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Does anyone know if they offer amnios and would it be offered to a 38 year old or would she need to ask?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Won't be offered, you'll have to ask and pay for it if you want it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

I would imagine you would need to arrange this privately in one of the consultants rooms. Amnios are not standard under public system. Which consultant are you under? As far as I know 3 of the 4 consultants have private rooms where you could organise this but you will have to pay for it.
    I was private in castlebar and saw a flyer in consultants office about a blood test which you can have to screen for genetic markers in the fetus.. it would have you the info without the risk of miscarriage which amnio brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 UnluckyInLuck

Thanks ladies. It's not for me, it's for a friend.

Advertisement