Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAD AD101 First Year Project

Options
  • 14-09-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

There's a project mailed out to incoming first years to be completed before the term begins and to be honest I find it is structured terribly.

But that's beside the point, because I have a question:
    When they say "Make 5 colour slides", what kind of slides do they mean.

I posted here since there's no NCAD in the Edu list and I'm thinking I heard that it's technically a college of UCD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

In a complete vacuum, I'd imagine they mean powerpoint slides, but that's without any knowledge of the college, course or assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yemen808

That only very briefly crossed mind.

But who differentiates between colour and b&w powerpoint slides. Not I.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 shivrose27

Hey yemen 808. I'm in the same boat- I have no idea what they mean by colour slides. Colour slides is a very old type of camera film and i doubt they are asking for that as it would be hard for everyone to source and purchase!

Judging by our portfolio brief I think they are being vague on purpose with the summer project too. So that in mind I don't think there is any wrong answers and just do whatever you think colour slides are! Unless in the meantime somebody writes back that knows what is literally ment by it.

I wouldn't get too caught up about it anyway. They sure are abstract!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yemen808

Yeah I follow. Sounds like the best plan of action.

Haha, This is just the beginning!

Sure 'tis exciting stuff altogether, ha! The whole thing can go in all sorts of directions... And isn't that what you would want from an art college ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 NCAD

Hi all,

There was a typo in the brief, and it should read 'colour studies', not colour slides. Apologies for any confusion caused!

NCAD

Thank you!

Advertisement