Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Transporter from Cork-Dublin Route

Options
  • 14-09-2014 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

I already checked the motor section and people were recommending NVD. But Im looking for something smaller/cheaper.

I need a non runner car transported from Douglas here in cork to the just off junction 3 on the M8. Does any body know of any local services or anybody who regualry does Cork-Dublin runs like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Seeing as you're in Douglas, have you asked the lads in Ardfallon in Grange?

There's a few other private operators, one of whom I used for a non runner after finding their details on Donedeal.

Price wise, I'd say expect to pay anywhere from €50-100, but it's worth it for the peace of mind compared to using a tow rope yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

OP, I'd phone Munster Recovery to get a price. I've used them in the past.

Price wise, I don't know but €100 wouldn't cover much of the diesel bill for a recovery truck for that journey. It might just cover the diesel for a van and car trailer alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Seeing as you're in Douglas, have you asked the lads in Ardfallon in Grange?

There's a few other private operators, one of whom I used for a non runner after finding their details on Donedeal.

Price wise, I'd say expect to pay anywhere from €50-100, but it's worth it for the peace of mind compared to using a tow rope yourself.

Dreaming if you think it could be done for €100, more like €300-350.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I was just going to say ardfallen they are great nice chaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Cheers for the suggestions. Il give the lads at Ardfallon a buzz for a price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Dreaming if you think it could be done for €100, more like €300-350.

I managed to get a car taken on a trailer from Glanmire to Mahon storage for €75 from an fully insured operator advertising on DoneDeal two years ago and I was very much awake at the time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I managed to get a car taken on a trailer from Glanmire to Mahon storage for €75 from an fully insured operator advertising on DoneDeal two years ago and I was very much awake at the time :rolleyes:

The diesel alone, for a Cork-Dublin return trip would be in excess of €100 for a recovery vehicle before you pay the driver for their time, insurance, vehicle cost, profit etc. etc.

A trip from Glanmire to Mahon is only a few miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Thats literally a trip through the Lee Tunnel that wouldnt take more than 20 minutes. A trip from Douglas to JCT 3 on the M8 would take a good 2hrs at least for a recovery truck.

As mentioned above I would expect a bill of at least €300 minimum for a service like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

If anyone needs this in the future I found a site called HandyHaulage.ie. Basically you list what you need moved and the route, then haluage contractors contact you with a price. Got some good offers of 300 down to 180.

I may not need the service now but at least I know its here.

Advertisement