Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sackpardew.com

• 14-09-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

We've discussed this in the super thread, but I thought i'd share it among all fans;

http://sackpardew.com/

I'm sure you'll all agree it's a very well put together and professional website.

Has there ever been anything like this?

It's brutally painful to support this club right now and seeing it all laid in black and white(hurrr durrr) its staggering.

I think Steve Kean is another example of a manager long, LONG overstaying his welcome(and should never have been hired in the first place).

A lot of the supporters and mates in work I talk football with don't seem to think Pardew is doing a bad job, had all his best players sold etc. A website like this and the undeniable facts are clear to see.

If it was Italy, there would be 5000 ultras waiting for them in the car park.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Moneymaker wrote: »

I'm sure you'll all agree it's a very well put together and professional website

I disagree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I think the bigger problem is the Newcastle owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Sorry to go off Pardew here but Steve Kean's tenure at Blackburn was poor, granted, but the fans were shameful from the start and were only proven right in the end by how little they got behind their side. He did beat United away too. At least Pardew was given a fair shot by Newcastle fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Augmerson wrote: »

I think so too but the Pardew problem is starting to eclipse even him.

Didn't Pardew get a long contract, something like that 6 years? See I think Ashley won't sack him. Pardew doesn't really rock the boat. Newcastle sell off their best talent and you'd think the manager would be saying no don't sell those players or be very vocal about reinvestment. Pardew doesn't seem like that to me. And if Ashley does sack him there will be a big payout to Pardew, so it's another disincentive to take that kind of action.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

This lad is worth checking out, does all the other clubs aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Didn't Pardew get a long contract, something like that 6 years? See I think Ashley won't sack him. Pardew doesn't really rock the boat. Newcastle sell off their best talent and you'd think the manager would be saying no don't sell those players or be very vocal about reinvestment. Pardew doesn't seem like that to me. And if Ashley does sack him there will be a big payout to Pardew, so it's another disincentive to take that kind of action.

Pardew got an year running contract. Every year is a new one year contract.. He would get nothing more then a years pay.

D_turbo wrote: »
    Pardew got an year running contract. Every year is a new one year contract.. He would get nothing more then a years pay.

Ah right sorry, dunno where I was going with the 6 year thing.

D_turbo wrote: »

Actually I just looked it up turbo, are you sure about the running contract?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/19747531
    The Beeb wrote:

"Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has signed a contract extension that will keep him at the club until 2020.
    Pardew originally signed a five-and-a-half-year deal when he succeeded Chris Hughton in December 2010."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Newcastle fans have some sort of mad sense of entitlement. He has done a remarkable job there considering where the club was when he took over. I dont get the Mike Ashley hate either.

• Advertisement

Newcastle fans have some sort of mad sense of entitlement. He has done a remarkable job there considering where the club was when he took over. I dont get the Mike Ashley hate either.

Have you actually read the website?

http://sackpardew.com/myths/overview/

Read that before you continue spouting nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

He's brought in some good French players, he was doing well with Newcastle until he had his best player sold out from under him for far less than the market value (Cabaye)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

He's just a puppet.

No input into transfers in or out, takes the hassle in the press and elsewhere for Ashley, and knows he will never, ever get a bigger or better job so puts up with it. The way he conducts himself on and off the pitch also shows exactly the type of man he is.

The thing is, as long as Newcastle are doing just about enough to stay up and not in danger of qualifying for the Europa League (which the club have all but admitted they want nothing to do with any more) then there's no real incentive for the decision-makers to change anything.

Available mangers like Tony Pulis or David Moyes would be excellent appointments, but are they really going to deal with the way things are set up at boardroom level at the club? The only reason Pardew is still there is because he's happy to deal with it as he's a spineless coward.

If I was a Newcastle fan I'd be worried that if Pardew was sacked, the club wouldn't bother going for someone who might dramatically improve them instead hiring someone else who is desperate and will work under the required conditions.

Some of the quotes on that site are hilarious mind. :pac: After Gareth Bale scored twice - "I actually thought we contained him (Gareth Bale) quite well", being one of my favourites so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Actually I just looked it up turbo, are you sure about the running contract?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/19747531

Apparently it's a 6 year rolling contract so it's really a one year contract each season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

He's brought in some good French players, he was doing well with Newcastle until he had his best player sold out from under him for far less than the market value (Cabaye)

Granted, but he's been absolute dog shít over the past 18 months.

Just look at the records from last season until now - absolute joke.

In between all that he has been verbally abusive towards more senior and superior football managers, headbutted opposition players, blamed NUFC supporters for encouraging the side too much which caused Crystal Palace's late equaliser week before last.

He's no longer fit to represent Newcastle United - he's classless in every regard.

And this is coming from someone who gave him every chance since he took over.

Just hope Ashley sees sense and gets rid, albeit unlikely.

Our next match, Hull (h) will be toxic. I'd be very surprised if Alan Pardew leaves his dugout during the 90 minutes, if he happens to decide to even reside in it the first place.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think the difference here is as Doocey outlines is Pardew's professional personality. He's most likely to hide in the dugout or lash out when the spotlight or pressure is on him.

He is one of the least likeable people in football and so he's a very hard man to get behind with the antics and I doubt if he's a leader. There's many mad/bad owners in football that possess managers who have the backing of the fans. If only maybe to show their protest at the owners. McDermott at Leeds, Riga at Blackpool - you can never see that with Pardew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Is it just me or could anyone else not give a flying fcuk about the headbutt incident. It's something to be laughed at rather than being fodder for the moral crusaders in the game and following it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

agree, isn't Pardew just a yes man for Ashley - similar carry on at leeds - until ashley sells up and moves on to rangers , as the rumour goes , newcastle will struggle regardless who manages - i remember when the CL and EPL started Newcastle were huge under Keegan , with a big stadium and great support I would assume finding a new owner who wants to progress should be easy , but perhaps the seller may prove more than difficult.

A tactical masterstroke from Pardew to bring Papiss Cisse back from the dead as he scored twice.

Hopefully it will be enough to buy him another couple of weeks to turn things around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I am now firmly in the sack Padded camp. Feckin just cost me a 5/2 €20 bet I had on Hull.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    He's just a puppet.

No input into transfers in or out, takes the hassle in the press and elsewhere for Ashley, and knows he will never, ever get a bigger or better job so puts up with it. The way he conducts himself on and off the pitch also shows exactly the type of man he is.

The thing is, as long as Newcastle are doing just about enough to stay up and not in danger of qualifying for the Europa League (which the club have all but admitted they want nothing to do with any more) then there's no real incentive for the decision-makers to change anything.

Available mangers like Tony Pulis or David Moyes would be excellent appointments, but are they really going to deal with the way things are set up at boardroom level at the club? The only reason Pardew is still there is because he's happy to deal with it as he's a spineless coward.

If I was a Newcastle fan I'd be worried that if Pardew was sacked, the club wouldn't bother going for someone who might dramatically improve them instead hiring someone else who is desperate and will work under the required conditions.

Some of the quotes on that site are hilarious mind. :pac: After Gareth Bale scored twice - "I actually thought we contained him (Gareth Bale) quite well", being one of my favourites so far.

+1 million

Pardew is a mere symptom, Ashley is the disease that has riddled the club

thebaz wrote: »
    agree, isn't Pardew just a yes man for Ashley - similar carry on at leeds - until ashley sells up and moves on to rangers , as the rumour goes , newcastle will struggle regardless who manages - i remember when the CL and EPL started Newcastle were huge under Keegan , with a big stadium and great support I would assume finding a new owner who wants to progress should be easy , but perhaps the seller may prove more than difficult.

Both would make a perfect match. A truly horrible hate filled club getting a horrible chairman.

Newcastle though are a decent club with a good core of passionate supporters. They deserve better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pardew doesn't really rock the boat.

Attempted head butt on David Meyler, calling Pellegrini an "old fúcking cúnt" and blaming fans last week for the lack of spirit that transferred itself onto the pitch.

He's a joke of a manager and a joke of a person. His ego has eclipsed his managerial responsibilities and has robbed enough time as a Newcastle manager.

Ashley doesn't give a fúck and we're stuck with him and the fúcking rot.

When you think what the club used to be when the likes of Bobby Robson was in charge to what it's been dragged through now it really is depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

12th, 5th, 16th, 10th since back in the Premier League. Ok he took over half way through the first season but still, the results are ok. The hatred towards him is crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

SantryRed wrote: »
    12th, 5th, 16th, 10th since back in the Premier League. Ok he took over half way through the first season but still, the results are ok. The hatred towards him is crazy.

Are you actually serious? The man is so far out of his depth it's not even funny. The stats speak for themselves. He's a classless, smug fool who hasn't even the decency to step down himself. He'd struggle to get a job in the Conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

SantryRed wrote: »

10th looks ok last season and that's because the bottom half the table were even worse than us. Couldn't get relegated despite our best efforts.

When you don't watch Newcastle week in and week out it's easy to get swept up in the whole, "ah he works under a bad owner", "hands tied when best players sold" nonsense that gets spouted.

It's not easy to work under Ashley and yes we've sold some good players but what club hasn't? For some reason that excuse is still sticking even now when we've brought in players during the summer.

If a manager is worth his salt he'll carry on and give hungry players a chance. Instead, he's selected out of form players in a system that does not work. Every week is the same toothless performances.

Pardew could have gained the sympathy from all fans/media outlets if he hadn't opted to take the route of blaming everybody and everything but himself and his useless tactics.

Over the past 2 years we've amassed 40 odd losses in cup and league competitions which is an absolute farce. Hughton was sacked for less when we sat 12th.

But yeah, the results are ok despite the fact that we've conceded 127 goals this calendar year. :rolleyes:

Ashley only wants his cronies at the club. You had the farce with Dennis Wise making decisions over Kevin Keegans head back in 2008 and then you had that clown Joe Kinnear twice as both manager and director of football.

Chris Hughton got them promoted at the first time of asking and was treated abysmally so his classless crony Pardew could be slotted in despite being sacked at three clubs previously (Southampton, Charlton and West Ham).

tipp_Gunner is the only non-nufc fan on here with a bit of sense.

The rest of you, take the time actually READ the website and the irrefutable facts and evidence that this village idiot has no business coaching a Sunday pub team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

B1XOg2oCUAE5cH3.png

• Advertisement

I suppose we're fickle now. :rolleyes:

NO-ONE saw a turn around like this coming. But it's only 4 games. I don't believe he's the man to take us forward still but there have been steps taken lately.

I'd have him sacked this evening if I had the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

If todays game had have been still in October, he'd be a sure contender for Manager of the Month. I suppose he will have to settle for Novembers crown should this run of form continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Delighted for Pardew.

Many Newcastle fans are clueless.
    I will never go to James' park again. Too much scum.

Football fans from all clubs are fickle.

Fudge You wrote: »
    Delighted for Pardew.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

You don't happen to be a Liverpool fan by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Doocey wrote: »
    :pac: :pac: :pac:

You don't happen to be a Liverpool fan by any chance?

No, I actually am not...
    Just dislike some newcastle fans in the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Fudge You wrote: »
    Delighted for Pardew.

Delighted for a man who called a fellow manager an old ****, pushed a linesman, headbutted a player and by all accounts is a horrible man? Can I ask you why?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I know he's won 4 in a row, but honestly, very few of you know what it's like having Pardew as a manager of your team and I understand completely why Newcastle fans want rid of him. The man is the lowest of the low. I won't post it here, but simply Google "Alan Pardew Carl Fletcher" to see the sort of stuff he was rumoured to have gotten up to at West Ham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Delighted for a man who called a fellow manager an old ****, pushed a linesman, headbutted a player and by all accounts is a horrible man? Can I ask you why?

Cause it keeps the comedy road show on the go

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

I know he's won 4 in a row, but honestly, very few of you know what it's like having Pardew as a manager of your team and I understand completely why Newcastle fans want rid of him. The man is the lowest of the low. I won't post it here, but simply Google "Alan Pardew Carl Fletcher" to see the sort of stuff he was rumoured to have gotten up to at West Ham.
    Or Google Jose Fonte Alan Pardew aswell although that one seems less clear cut

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If todays game had have been still in October, he'd be a sure contender for Manager of the Month. I suppose he will have to settle for Novembers crown should this run of form continue.

video-undefined-1FE0C21700000578-913_638x374.jpg

If ever anything summed up Pardew:

e8c954fffb5ef3fe2b8900d70ba03cd3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

and this Twitter poster is who exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sheepy99 wrote: »

works for NBC Sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Sheepy99 wrote: »

Andres Cantor, its right there in the tweet sure

(its definitely him too, notice the tick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

kryogen wrote: »

(its definitely him too, notice the tick)

What ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

What ?

The tick next to the twitter name, means it's an authorised account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Thanks lads for the lesson in the basics of Twitter but I was hinting at the fact that he's hardly a credible source.
    It's possible that that was said but a pundit from NBC wouldn't sway me into believing it in the slightest.

With Pardew though, you'd really never know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

well Diario Ole is a newspaper and website as far as I know, and he's saying that Gutierrez said it in there, so I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to find out how true it is, and it would surely be unlikely someone as high profile as him would make something up that could so easily be fact checked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

• Advertisement
Advertisement