Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Driving Test

Options
  • 14-09-2014 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

Nevermind got the question answered. Thanks for the answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Who is your sponsor? That is who you need to bring with you.

http://www.massrmv.com/rmv/license/9oos.htm
    If you are converting a license from a country other than Canada, Mexico or one of the US Territories, you must take the full - written and road - test plus the eye test.

If you are from a country listed in the 1949 Road Acts Convention, you must have a sponsor and you must present your valid driver's license from that country and if needed, an English translation of the license.

https://www.wpi.edu/Images/CMS/InternationalHouse/driversLicense.pdf
    Sponsor Requirements:
    To take the road test, you must bring a sponsor who is at
    least 21 years old, has at least one (1) year of driving experience and possesses a
    valid driver's license issued by his or her home state. Foreign license holders are
    not eligible to be sponsors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

ProudDUB wrote: »

Wasn't asking about converting a license I have already taken the permit test and gotten the Mass permit. My Road test is in the morning. The instructions were not clear as to whether I needed a sponsor or not on the form they had me print. I have since found out the info but thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

TO. wrote: »
    Wasn't asking about converting a license I have already taken the permit test and gotten the Mass permit. My Road test is in the morning. The instructions were not clear as to whether I needed a sponsor or not on the form they had me print. I have since found out the info but thanks for your help.

Minor detail but you probably should have left the question up for anyone else who might be looking... The answer you found wouldn't hurt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Best of luck.

I always reccomed people take the State test fresh rather than giving up a euro license just because most US state licenses are so easy to pass.

Advertisement