Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Honda 50 frame rust

• 14-09-2014 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭

Just looking for some advice I bought a couple of Honda 50's as a bit of a project last week. I have it stripped down to the frame now and I'm starting to hit problems, was hoping to sand down and respray myself but Swingarm looks to be rusted through forks have one pin hole and the frame has some metal rusted away near the battery box. I was wondering does this look like something that would be easily repaired by a welder? Any ideas how much they might charge and any recommendations as to where to go. Think I may try look for a new Swingarm and maybe forks also they came without log books can anyone help me date it by chassis number. Thanks ex

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Timfy

I think that the first part of the chassis number is the model ie C100E-xxxxxx is a Honda 50 C100

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

Photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Timfy

Models with C50 prefix (From https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/honda-parts/honda-model-prefix.aspx)

C50 Honda C50 LA Cub 1986
    C50 Honda C50 S Cub 1992
    C50 Honda C50 SW Cub 1994
    C50 Honda C50 Z Cub 1994

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Advertisement