Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do with extra cooking apples?

Options
  • 14-09-2014 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone freeze cooking apples and if so what is the best way?

I'd like to keep some for making tarts in the winter

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I do -I stew them with sugar first and then use them to make tarts and crumbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

I stew them and then when cooled freeze them in plastic party cups . A cup is a perfect portion size to go with my custard when defrosted :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's also instant apple sauce for roast pork - or any roast that's got stuffing in our house :)

Advertisement