Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Cheap Hotel / B&B to suit student near Stillorgan

Options
  • 14-09-2014 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,

I'm an 18 year old 1st year student starting in Stillorgan College of Further Ed on Tues. I'm hoping to have a house at the end of the week but until then I'm going to have to stay in a hotel or B&B as I don't fancy commuting up and down from Wexford every day!

As I'm not familiar with Dublin I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. Being a skint student I'm looking for somewhere as cheap as possible for the next 3 nights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Probably best off getting a place in a hostel in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Right, checked DublinBus.ie and the 47 bus goes by the Stillorgan College of Further Ed. Be aware that any of the hostel dorms you'll be looking at will often be you and several other randomers, and thus your stuff may not be 100% safe (no shiny toys).

You mention a house that you may get by the end of the week; unless you'll be able to stay in a double room with one of the lads that you're moving in with, I'd say just get the bus up and down for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

I would recommend the Times Hostel in Camden Place. It is located near the luas line which operates to Stillorgan so its well worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

I wouldn't bother with the LUAS; it's a good 25-30 minute walk from the stop to Stillorgan College. The college is just off the N11 so anywhere on the 46a/145/47 bus routes would be ideal. You might find a B&B somewhere near Donnybrook, but proximity to UCD means that spaces might be limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Its 3 days, if no friend is offering a sofa, the bus from Wexford is reliable, frequent and comfortable, and stops near the college.

• Advertisement
Advertisement