Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed! Australian PR Application

Options
  • 15-09-2014 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi everyone

I am hoping that some of you can help me out - I hope to get an invitation to apply for skilled independant 189 visa in Australia in the next invitation round however I have a problem!

When I was in Australia on a working holiday visa I worked more than 6 months with one company - I know I shouldn't have done this and in hindsight it was a very bad decision however at the time sponsorship had been promised and we believed that this would come through before the 6 months were up, the company let us down (which seems to happen to a lot of people on WHV) and we left Australia before the year WHV expired.

DIAC was not informed about this and I did not receive a ban - I am only talking about a few weeks over the 6 month limit but it is still a breach of WHV conditions.

I have completed my EOI and I have input correct details of employment dates for the time I overworked however I have not claimed any of this work as relevant work experience and therefore I have not claimed any points for this work experience (I believe any points claimed for work experience when working in breach of visa conditions is disallowed, which is fair enough).

I have read on several forums a breach of WHV would result in a ban (which I did not receive) however these bans do not effect an application for a permanent visa - or so I have read! I would appreciate if anybody with experience on this could let me know how things went for them.

Assuming the above is true my biggest concern is that I could fail the character assessment due to a breach in visa conditions, if anybody knows of a best approach to dealing with this I would be glad of your opinion.

I realise it may seem unwise to state on a public forum that I have breached WHV conditions but as I see it immigration are far from stupid and will clearly see this from the employment dates when they receive my application so there is no point pretending that it did not happen.

Thanks for reading & I appreciate any advise you can give!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You already know where the Australia forum is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 challengers

Sorry but I don't seem to be able to post a thread anywhere only in new users

• Registered Users Posts: 11 challengers

Got it now, thanks!

Advertisement