Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three nbs contract

Options
  • 15-09-2014 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am out of contract with three nbs since yesterday I rang to tell them I'm going elsewhere and they told me I have to give 30 days notice is this correct even though my contract is finished with them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

lisasully wrote: »
    I am out of contract with three nbs since yesterday I rang to tell them I'm going elsewhere and they told me I have to give 30 days notice is this correct even though my contract is finished with them

Yes, you still need to give notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

You should have received a letter giving you 30 days notice that the NBS contract will be ending and if you don't do anything you will be automatically transferred to a new Three broadband contract (this was probably explained in your NBS contract).
    It seems you didn't take that opportunity to cancel and you have now entered a new contract and the T&Cs that come with it.
    http://www.three.ie/shop/broadband-plans/national-broadband-scheme/
    http://www.dcenr.gov.ie/Communications/Communications+Development/National+Broadband+Scheme/NBS+Expiry+-+Frequently+Asked+Questions.htm#4

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

lisasully wrote: »

In general, yes. Your set contract fnished (let's say it was 12 months). Once that expired, you would automatically be placed on a rolling one-month contract, which requires 30 days notice to quit.

If you wanted to leave when your set contract was up, then you should have given notice 30 days prior to its finish.

Advertisement