Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help locating your BIC and IBAN for your bank account?

Options
  • 15-09-2014 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

We've noticed a recent increase from customers looking for their IBAN and BIC details.

Your IBAN and BIC details can be located at the top of your paper statements, or if you are registered for eStatements online, it will display at the top of these also.

You can also access these details from the Tablet Banking app. Simply open an expanded view of your account from the dashboard.

Hope this helps!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭martiin

Why you can't make this number (IBAN) visible on front page? I had current account in polish bank (10 years ago) and there was full IBAN number visible on front page. Stone age in Bank of Ireland :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

martiin wrote: »
    Why you can't make this number (IBAN) visible on front page? I had current account in polish bank (10 years ago) and there was full IBAN number visible on front page. Stone age in Bank of Ireland :(
    Hi martin,

Thanks for taking the time to pass on your feedback.

We can certainly send on your comments to the relevant teams.

Thanks again.

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tom_hubert

Yes please make IBAN & Name of account available in an easily downloadable format from 365 - I'm a consultant and frequently have to provide banking details to clients (name, bank, branch etc). They like to get it with Bank header etc to be sure of details - it would not be complicated for BoI to do this and it's a pain to be faffing around being told to calculate your own and pointed to your e-statements etc. We need this information in presentable format for clients.  I've had accounts on the continent and it's standard e.g. RIB format in France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

tom_hubert wrote: »
    Yes please make IBAN & Name of account available in an easily downloadable format from 365 - I'm a consultant and frequently have to provide banking details to clients (name, bank, branch etc). They like to get it with Bank header etc to be sure of details - it would not be complicated for BoI to do this and it's a pain to be faffing around being told to calculate your own and pointed to your e-statements etc. We need this information in presentable format for clients.  I've had accounts on the continent and it's standard e.g. RIB format in France.
    Hi tom_hubert, 

Thanks for your post.

If you have access to a Tablet, your IBAN is view-able online on the top right corner of the Tablet app when logged in.

Alternatively it's available online in your eStatements or by using our IBAN calculator.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us, we will pass on your feedback.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tom_hubert

Hi tom_hubert, 

Thanks for your post.

If you have access to a Tablet, your IBAN is view-able online on the top right corner of the Tablet app when logged in.

Alternatively it's available online in your eStatements or by using our IBAN calculator.

Janette
    Hi again,
     My point was not that I cannot see where my IBAN is (I can -  and I was clear in my original message that I knew I could see the IBAN was on the e-statements and via the calculator); rather my point was that it's not available in an easy/appropriate shareable-with-others format with BOI logo etc..
    I'm posting again to make sure this distinction is understood so that the feedback may be more usefully understood....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi tom_hubert, 

Thanks for your post.

Janette
    Hi again,
     My point was not that I cannot see where my IBAN is (I can -  and I was clear in my original message that I knew I could see the IBAN was on the e-statements and via the calculator); rather my point was that it's not available in an easy/appropriate shareable-with-others format with BOI logo etc..
    I'm posting again to make sure this distinction is understood so that the feedback may be more usefully understood....
    Hi tom_hubert,

Thank you for your reply and please be assured that all feedback we receive here is passed onto the relevant team for consideration in future updates. Should we have an update on how we display IBAN's in the future, we will let our customers know here on Boards.

Thanks again for taking the time to send this feedback.

Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

You can now find your IBAN and BIC details on 365 online.

You can also find them on the top right-hand corner of your Bank of Ireland account statement.

If you have your account details to hand you can generate your IBAN here.

365-BIC-IBAN-visible1(1).GIF

Advertisement