Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Santry/Ballymun

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Asdfghjkl987

A lot of construction work going on where lidl is going, I wonder if it's only going to be LIDL or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Contacted Lidl today and they said it will be open before christmas

Took a picture of the planning permission sign a while back but have no option to upload it :/

See this, this is a proper boardsie.
    Someone asks a question and instead of posting "I think" or "I reckon" he goes to the source and finds out the story like a boss.

Fair play to you sir :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It's far better than KFC to be fair. I wouldn't call it a restaurant though, it's fancy fast food but a level above McDonalds, Subway, KFC etc.

Ah yeah from what I've heard the chicken in Nandos is supposed to be pretty good. They seem to occupy the same space in the market as outfits like TGI Fridays and Milanos in that they serve food like fried chicken, wings, ribs, pizzas, etc for a few euro more than the McDonalds/Subway/Burger King set but a few euro less than a full scale restaurant. They also tend to have far more comfortable seating than fast food joints and customers are encouraged to linger more so than fast food joints who want to turn over tables a lot quicker and thus make the seating comfortable to sit for short burst of time but not to linger for ages.

Just need 50 posts to post the planning permission sign! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

Finally...it's always made me really uncomfortable that Santry Lane was the only Aldi in Dublin that didn't have a Lidl next door.

I think I have a very very mild obsessive compulsion disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

stmol32 wrote: »
    Finally...it's always made me really uncomfortable that Santry Lane was the only Aldi in Dublin that didn't have a Lidl next door.
    I think I have a very very mild obsessive compulsion disorder.

Do what you can to get the LIDL in East wall going... the ALDI is looking very lonely right now :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Do what you can to get the LIDL in East wall going... the ALDI is looking very lonely right now :)

LIDL had a planning permission sign up beside aldi in East wall so it won't be lonely for long:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Groovejet

According to the builders TK Maxx is going into the building beside Dealz in the Omni along with Nandos.

• Advertisement

Groovejet wrote: »
    According to the builders TK Maxx is going into the building beside Dealz in the Omni along with Nandos.

Ah no! I was hoping for Milanos :p is there really any need for another TK Maxx?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I think this should be the Santry new stores thread instead :P

Finishing up the outside of Nandos and TK Maxx today. Nandos seems to have already started internal fit out but TK Maxx is still empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No way !

It's like Christmas has come early. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No way !

It's like Christmas has come early. :)
    Clarification needed.

Which: TK Maxx, Dealz, or Nandos made your day?

All, or either or, or one or two or three of the above?

Builders not included...

Not your ornery onager

I'm not excited over TK Maxx, Dealz or Nandos. I'm happy that a new LIDL is opening. I don't see the fuss over Nandos.

Nandos and TK Maxx' facade is looking well now. They seem to have started work on the interior of Nandos but nothing happening in Tk Maxx.

Nandos and TK Maxx' facade is looking well now. They seem to have started work on the interior of Nandos but nothing happening in Tk Maxx.

They'll more than likely just back a dump truck full of products into TK Maxx and release it. Job done! :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

Lidl would be a good addition to any shopping centre, and good for lidl that they are not a standalone store which often seems to be the case
    Always thought Airside would benefit from a Lidl, Aldi or Supervalu so while I do the shopping the missus can go into b & q or vice versa ;)

Found the artists render of the building. I wonder what the adjacent 3 units will be.

http://mknpropertygroup.com/portfolio/omni-retail-park-santry-dublin-9/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

It's not a T.K Maxx going in beside Dealz. There's a sign up saying 'Peacocks', a clothes shop. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I thought the lidl was to be on the swords road?
    I think the shopping center would benefit from a competitor

most places where a lidl/aldi open the tesco or superquinn/valu are forced to up their game and be more competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 1 murhs66

Hey does anyone know the email address to apply to work in the nandos in santry? I took it down wrong when I saw the sign and if anyone was passing by and saw it it would mean so much ! so desperate for work at this stage haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

OMG There's a Peacocks opening up here?! DELIGHTED!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

murhs66 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know the email address to apply to work in the nandos in santry? I took it down wrong when I saw the sign and if anyone was passing by and saw it it would mean so much ! so desperate for work at this stage haha

Check their website. I was on it last week & I'm pretty sure I saw a link for applying for employment.

I persume the Peacocks opening is the English chain. I'd say Tesco and Penneys won't know what hit them when LIDL opens too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Just reading the artist render of the construction. The 3 adjacent units next to Lidl range in space from 384 to 600 square metres. There is no way TK Maxx would operate in such a small space. Their minimum requirement is generally 2000 sqm (about 20,000 sq feet) so it sound's like them opening is only a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I persume the Peacocks opening is the English chain. I'd say Tesco and Penneys won't know what hit them when LIDL opens too!

It is the English chain. They are on the expansion trail in Ireland having opened a number of stores already in other towns. Job details below for the Omni outlet.

http://www.totaljobs.com/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?JobId=60982863

LIDL is opening on the 11th of December
    Nandos is opening on the 3rd of December
    Peacocks is opening early December too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TheBoss11

Anyone know where I can apply for a job in the lidl? Seriously need to get out of my current job. Nothing advertised online

Advertisement