Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Making Folders In Windows Phone 8.1

• 15-09-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭

I got the update yesterday on my lumia 920 and its great so far.

Love the updates to the ui, and the voice recognition seems to work really well.

But I've been trying to make folders on the main page. The instructions say just drag and icon over another icon and voila it adds the two together into a folder.

But not for me. I just end up chasing one icon around with another as my "target" icon keeps moving away from my dragged icon.

I've checked for newer updates and i'm all up to date, and all the other updates seem to be present.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Folders are part of Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1, not 8.1.

8.1 is currently rolling out and most devices should have it by now, but Update 1 isn't due for another month or two.

The reason you're hearing about Folders and Update 1 is because developers have early access to the update via the Dev Preview programme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Ah. Thanks. That explains it.

Advertisement