Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I loaded up the classic that is Call of Duty 4 on PS3 this morning and....

Options
  • 15-09-2014 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Lobbies full of players, 7 years later....... Team Death matches within seconds.

I handn't slipped the disc in years and found myself running the single player for a few hours.

I now remember why this was a classic, the relatively grounded story, and I'm not fond of FPS at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yeah i really liked 4, the mp was still alive and well around a year ago on pc when i stopped playing

• Registered Users Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

first game I played online when we finally got broadband at home.

the amount of hours i got playing S+D !!

is it not hacked to **** by now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Easily the best COD game ever. COD2 would be 2nd for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Played Modern Warfare 2 Sat with 3 mates...Multiplayer for about 5 hours straight!! way before its time....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

My son stopped playing when an AC130 started walking down the street masscaring everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Has it not been very much hacked at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah, I played it on Xbox last year and it was a mess. Every game hacked and seemingly abandoned by Activision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

COD4 and MW2 were the best Call of Duty games.

The stuff they're making these days is a slap in the face to that heritage.

Whenever someone says they play COD these days, it's just cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Cod4 remade for next gen. It would make alot of money.... ALOT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Cod4 remade for next gen.

Id buy tbh

• Advertisement

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Cod4 remade for next gen. It would make alot of money.... ALOT

I'd be even happier with a 'best-of' map selection of the previous generation's CoD maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

while MW2 was very good , and i got hours and hours out of it, MW1 was better. It would be grand if they went back to the 3 kill streaks. Too many perks and different load outs in recent COD games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Am i the only person that liked World at War?

MW2 came in as second favourite until all the hacking started on it and stupid glitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

World at war had cracking maps, best in all the series. That and those fecking bouncing betties!!! COD4 hands down the best of the lot.

Not a popular choice but Black Ops II is my favourite of the bunch, which is why I'm really looking forward to the Advanced Warfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

I think COD4 was the last COD engine rewrite before IW was canned majorly by Activision also.

Explains why most looked identical to it but didn't play like it for several forks later in the genre.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,579 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As a single player junkie I loved CoD 2, I got it with my launch 360 and loved the thing.
    CoD 4 was brilliant as well but the trilogy of that with the MW titles was class and will probably make a great remastered boxset for the PS4/XB1 and PC in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

madcabbage wrote: »
    World at war had cracking maps, best in all the series. That and those decking bouncing betties!!! COD4 hands down the best of the lot.

WaW was easily my favorite. Shooting someone with a PTRS and watch body parts explode in all directions..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I remember I got access to the COD4 Beta on the 360 at the time. I was blown away and preordered the full game straight away.

Brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Lost so many hours to Cod4 getting my gold cross 10th prestige, such a brilliant game. Not over complicated with unnecessary bull****. Just a simple game with great maps that played brilliantly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Future1

all shooters have gone downhill since cod4, they kept adding things to the new ones that made them worse, huge maps, streaks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I came across COD when watching the Gaming Tv channel on Sky (i think). They were showing the new DLC maps, Creek iirc. Was blown away so immediately purchased.

I was on a few weeks leave from work and I came across this fella in free for all, recognized the Irish accent and added him as a friend. When I went in to work there was a new guy who just started and as we got chatting we both said we played COD, as we traded gamertags we realized that we were already gaming buddies on xbox live. Small world and that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭HeathenWolf

I have fond memories of Modern Warfare 2, playing into the small hours of the night back in 2010 and ranking up. Unfortunately in early 2011, all the hacked lobbies started taking over the servers and I stopped playing around that time because fun-spoiling idiots thought it would be funny to make themselves invincible to get the upper hand on all the other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I think people are looking at MW2 through rose tinted glasses.

Commando along with One Man Army + Danger Close + Noob Tubes made the game unplayable at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭HeathenWolf

It was a frustrating game because of those type of players, campers too, but ending their killstreaks was so satisfying because they sent you a message afterwards insulting or threatening you in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I remember hating it with a passion at the time, and maybe it is just rose tinted glasses, but I can only really remember the fun I had with the game now and how addictive it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

COD 2 is still probably my favourite SP shooter though COD4 is probably a close second.

I do remember COD 4 came out at a time when WW2 had been the usual setting for shooters and had been done to death so COD 4 felt like a breath of fresh air. It was the first multiplayer shooter i played as well and i was hooked.

MW2 though was a massive let down. It was just the same thing with a load of bells and whistles on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Cod2 is my favorite by miles.I loved carentan. Second would be united offensive, had some crazy fun times playing that at lan parties.

Of the non world war games I would say that modern warfare 1 was my favorite tied with WaW and black ops 1 being second / third.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

Keno wrote: »
    I think people are looking at MW2 through rose tinted glasses.

Commando along with One Man Army + Danger Close + Noob Tubes made the game unplayable at times.

I have to say this was why I loved it! Nothing more satisfying than destroying one of these tools on 23/24 killstreak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,098 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What I do for a next generation ww2 COD game :(

None of this ****ing ****ty futuristic crap

Advertisement