Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about EVision and Sky

Options
  • 15-09-2014 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭

I just signed up to Eircom's revision and fibre broadband package for €45 a month. The eircom sales rep said I could keep my Sky and that the eVision service would be done through our Sky box and dish in addition to the eFibre service. I thought this sounded a bit strange, that eircom wouldn't instead want to use their own box. Can anyone confirm if this is correct, I just thought it sounded a little strange.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

You need an evision box as it's connected to the nice box they put on your wall for broadband. It doesn't work of a dish. 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Ren2k7

You need an evision box as it's connected to the nice box they put on your wall for broadband. It doesn't work of a dish. 

I told the eircom rep that I wanted to keep my Sky service and he said eircom could place our Sky subscription onto a single eircom bill. That Sky and eircom have an agreement in place. Could a eircom rep here confirm this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Ren2k7 wrote: »

I told the eircom rep that I wanted to keep my Sky service and he said eircom could place our Sky subscription onto a single eircom bill. That Sky and eircom have an agreement in place. Could a eircom rep here confirm this?
    Hi Ren2K7, 

I'm very sorry to hear that an Eircom rep has given you this information, I'm afraid this is not correct. The eFibre service is ran through only Eircom products and we have no agreement in place with sky.

You can make a formal complaint in relation to the agent through the 1901 channel. Do you still request to go ahead with the eFibre service? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Ren2K7, 

I'm very sorry to hear that an Eircom rep has given you this information, I'm afraid this is not correct. The eFibre service is ran through only Eircom products and we have no agreement in place with sky.

You can make a formal complaint in relation to the agent through the 1901 channel. Do you still request to go ahead with the eFibre service? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I have a contract with Three Broadband and it is due to expire in Dec. I mentioned this with the rep and he said eircom would sort that out and all I would have to do is cancel my DD with Three. Can I presume that was another mistake on his part?

Can you also confirm how much the eFibre service is as well. He said it would be €45 a month.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Ren2K7, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I have a contract with Three Broadband and it is due to expire in Dec. I mentioned this with the rep and he said eircom would sort that out and all I would have to do is cancel my DD with Three. Can I presume that was another mistake on his part?

Can you also confirm how much the eFibre service is as well. He said it would be €45 a month.

Thanks.

Hi Ren2k7

An eircom sales rep would not be able to offer you advice or information surrounding any existing contract with another provider. It is best you contact Three to establish this but my own personal opinion is that this is also inaccurate and contracts are always upheld.

There are a number of different packages for efibre & evision and to explore prices please call sales on 1800 503 303. You are welcome to PM me your details (Full name & address) if you wish to cancel your efibre/evision order we can arrange this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

PM sent.
    Thank you Ren2k7

I will follow up on this and get back to you this afternoon.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement