Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego sets for 2015 - leaked pictures

Options
  • 15-09-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I came across this link while browsing on another site. It shows a lot of next years sets but I'd take quite a few of them with a pinch of salt as they are obviously prelim mockups.

http://imgur.com/a/zTsqH

Mods - if this isn't allowed (as they are leaked pics) I'll delete the link.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Some of those technic sets look gooood!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Anyone download the pics? they seem to have been removed from imgur

Edit: Found them here https://mobedal.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/leaked-2015-lego-sets/

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

My son will be looking for series 2 of the star wars micro fighters, the AT-AT looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

There's a guy building a superstar destroyer on there too, though it was someone building it from scratch, but its from a kit !:eek:
    Some of the star wars stuff looks cool, a Millenium Falcon, but cant justify (excuse/explain) something like that till the little one grows up, plus Id probably want it on the shelf, not crashed or half buried out the backgarden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thegeekykind

Apparently the lego group are making a big deal about how these pictures got leaked . Also I think there was hope that the elves sets would be what would replace the LOTR sets, it was a shock to most when they seen what they were.. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Hoofball

I'm not surprised that they're making a big deal about it, it's one of the bigger leaks I've seen in a while. The only thing though is that none of the exclusives were leaked or any of the bigger kits. The images are being taken down off most sites but are still in google cache. The one theme that I'm hoping the final sets will be different from the leaked images is the pirates theme, they just seem a bit meh in those pictures.

They might also have 'leaked' the pictures and are gauging public opinion on them so they can modify products if they need to.
    Good move if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

shedweller wrote: »
    They might also have 'leaked' the pictures and are gauging public opinion on them so they can modify products if they need to.
    Good move if true.

Nah, by all accounts they clamp down on leaked images. I can't imagine they like having pictures of unfinished products in the wild - having to use the Hulk on the box of a DC set, for example (a stand-in for Gorilla Grodd until the minifigure is finalised). Although this is the biggest one I can remember seeing. Usually it's a retailer who is sent a catalogue for the following year that leaks the images; that's why you don't typically see the exclusive sets leaked. Most websites that publish watermarked images have them removed within hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That is a massive leak. With great quality images too. Best leaks we had so early, were just collections on pixels and just a general shape of a set.

Anywya, Technix Le Mans Racer looks awesome. Its not flagship, right? It will be 1Q big set?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Love the pirates sets. Reminds me of the pirates sets from my youth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Anywya, Technix Le Mans Racer looks awesome. Its not flagship, right? It will be 1Q big set?

Yeah really liking the Le Mans Racer, will defo be picking it up.

Shame there is no display creator sets like the Mini / Camper / Sopwith Camel

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Hoofball

More leaked pictures now out for 2015 Bionicle, Movie and Duplo sets and video reviews of the new Hobbit sets:

http://www.youtube.com/user/just2goodEurobricks

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/category/new-products/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The updated 42039 looks terrible compared to the concept that was in the leaks. Really disappointing as it was a really unique/cool looking vehicles and it was a must buy for me.

42039-1.jpg

Huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I have to agree. It looked way better before. Now front looks out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

More pics of the new technic sets http://paulstechnic.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/photos-and-video-of-2015-lego-technic.html

I've mixed feelings with the changes to 42039, I really don't like the new headlights, the previous design was so much better. Also around the cab of the car isn't as good anymore. however I like the changes to the front nose.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

In fairness, it is lego. You can change them to suit yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

the classic batmobile set :D

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Advertisement