Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPad Data Plans ... any suggestions ?

• 15-09-2014 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone here has any suggestions for prepay or bill pay (without fixed term contract) data plan for an iPad.

Seems Three's plans offer unlimited data, but they seem to be geared up for Smartphones only. They hike the price on data only plans and I'm not sure if they'd detect heavier usage than an iPhone and boot you off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

You have to look in the broad band sections of the mobile company websites. 3 do 15gb per month for 21.99, O2 do 15gb for 17.95 both on a 12 month contract.

Neither seem to do a pay as you go but I haven't looked into it in any great detail.

Here is Tesco mobile choice
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/broadbandandinternet/broadband-data-sims/pay-as-you-go-data-plans.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Three sold me an All You Can Eat prepay phone SIM which apparently should do the trick nicely for €20 / month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

OP the best data plan I have seen is from meteor 20Gb per month for €10.17 on a 30 day contract.

https://store.meteor.ie/mobile-broadband-devices/bill-pay/mbb-sim-only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Can you not tether it to your phone so you only have one data plan?

Senecio wrote: »
    Can you not tether it to your phone so you only have one data plan?

Probably but it kills the battery too quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

How much data are you going to be using each month?

I'm going to throw the 3pay sim in for this month and I'll shop around.

I can easily use several gigs on my HTC One ... So, I think lots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I'm going to throw the 3pay sim in for this month and I'll shop around.

I can easily use several gigs on my HTC One ... So, I think lots!

Are you going to be using a 3 pre pay €20 pm sim? That will only give 15gb of data. The link I posted above gives you 5gb more for just under €10 cheaper.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

you could get a meteor prepay sim and get 7.5gb for a tenner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Three sold me an All You Can Eat prepay phone SIM which apparently should do the trick nicely for €20 / month.

Hi, do you have a link? or was it over the phone

thanks

• Advertisement

Yeah, I know. I'll order it for next month.

Advertisement