Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mindless idiot in Charlesland

Options
  • 15-09-2014 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Guys, at approx 3.30pm today a man in a Ford Focus saloon exchanged words with a foot pedestrian along the Charlesland spine road. They exchanged X rated words before the driver aggressively mounted the kerb and drove at the man.

I ran to get my phone to get an image and amazingly when I returned the pedestrian got into the car!!

Then the worst part. The car sped along the footpath, the playground full with children (the creche were in there so by full I mean full) and cut out onto the road in front of the Peugeot pictured.

Reg number was <<<snip>>> or <<<snip>>>

EDIT: Reg was <<<snip>>>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Did you pass on to the Guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Gardaí have been informed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

I'm sorry to say <<<snip>>> is a motorbike, and <<<snip>>> isn't assigned to any vehicle.

My bad, obviously remembered the reg wrong when running into get the phone. The ladies in the creche saw it from the playground and the Peugeot obviously saw it too.

Whatever about the reckless driving, I'm just mad about it been so close to the playground. Apologies on the reg so

Just drove by me again over the ramps like they are not there. The reg is <<<snip>>> and Gardaí have been told

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

darsar wrote: »
    Just drove by me again over the ramps like they are not there. The reg is <<<snippy>>> and Gardaí have been told

Excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I understand that this was a big incident but posting the reg here is a no. You did the right thing by informing the Gardaí and we will leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

darsar wrote: »
    My bad

'Bad' is an adjective, not a noun.

'Bad' is an adjective, not a noun.

This is not an "English language" class, please be more constructive in your posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Unbelievable! Darsar, make sure you follow up with the Gardai to get an update that they actually did something about this. Thats the last thing we need happening anywhere in the estate, there are kids out playing all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

Could be a Garda car

Could be a Garda car

The car is too old.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Pity we can't have NCT Quality Control for the guys behind the wheel of cars driven so recklessly. Y'see, ya don't need brains to drive a car like a nutcase. All ya need to be is a nutcase top-loaded with some kind of anger and there's no shortage there !

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

LEIN wrote: »
    The car is too old.

Fair point. The internet backs up your story too...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

All Garda cars are "D"ublin registered too..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Looks like a cop car and not all their cars have Dublin regs

Advertisement