Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this possible

Options
  • 15-09-2014 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

Its probably not possible but I said I'd ask.

I have a laptop I want to plug a monitor into over VGA. Now here's the tricky bit is it possible for the monitor to show just say a video or powerpoint presentation and run in the background while anything else I do on the laptop isn't shown?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Yeah. You would be extending your desktop instead of duplicating. Itll be a setting in display settings when you connect it. Google will show you how.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Yup perfectly possible, right click on the desktop and click screen resolution.
    When the window opens you'll see an option for multiple monitors and select the drop down "extend desktop"

You then just drag PowerPoint to the second screen. You'll only get this option when the second monitor is connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thanks lads sorted.

Advertisement