Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Underrated town/city/village in Ireland?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Trim co Meath,

Just for the castle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Letterkenny,
    Spanish Point
    Quinty
    Longford
    Derry
    Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭begrandx

Definately Limerick city, the cafes and pubs are great, loads of hidden gems if you go exploring and cater for all tastes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Portaferry. Nice wee spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

kilmore quay is nice THe coast lin along it is beautiful too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Sweet Rose wrote: »
    Dunfanaghy in Co.Donegal. Lots of forward thinking people live there and it's a very picturesque wee town with lots of lovely shops, cafes and pubs. It hosted an amazing Jazz and Blues festival at the weekend. I love Donegal :)

Agree with this from, close to home and it's really taken off in recent years. Great to see.
    tritium wrote: »
    Dublin is a lovely and massively underrated city that gets too much bitterness thrown at it by folks who often done very well out of what it provides. Has some beautiful spots and a great history and culture.

This too, moved here a while back and I can't understand why it gets such a bad reputation from the Irish (foreigners seem to love it mostly). It has it's bad areas but so do most large cities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Durrow and Abbeyleix in Laois are both lovely little towns with nice pubs/restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭usersame

Meangadh wrote: »
    Durrow and Abbeyleix in Laois are both lovely little towns with nice pubs/restaurants.

abbeyleix is a very nice spot, some great old pubs, one in particular which I can't recall the name of is a total gem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Nib wrote: »
    Galway City.

How can you put this in the underrated category? People cream themselves over the place. I'd put it in the overrated category myself.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Kilkenny.

Grand little town they have down there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Cork and it's inhabitants are consistently rated very poorly by many people on this site but according to Lonely Planet it's one of the best cities to visit in the world.

There must have been a bumper weekend above in Croke Park with full houses involving the Cork hurling, camogie and men's & women's footballers the weekend the Lonley Planet came to town. The rest of the local population were probably away on holidays themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 TheEnigma

Armagh. It has an insane amount of history and culture especially with Emain Macha nearby but only yanks would visit it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

My House!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

Nobody mentioned Wexford town yet .Also Wicklow town and the whole South East ,don't get the number of visitors they deserve.Brittas Bay possibly the best beach in Ireland .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

usersame wrote: »
    abbeyleix is a very nice spot, some great old pubs, one in particular which I can't recall the name of is a total gem

Morrisey's...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

TheEnigma wrote: »
    Armagh. It has an insane amount of history and culture especially with Emain Macha nearby but only yanks would visit it

yep was there about 10 years ago and thought tourism potential of it was huge alot of old buildings the chippers were fantastic too!

Advertisement