Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding bands in Waterford

Options
  • 15-09-2014 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi , I need some recommendations for a wedding band in Waterford, for a mixed crowd of old and young, to play a variety of music ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DaveJac

We had Broadstreet for our wedding were very good dancefloor full all night

http://broadstreetweddingband.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

We've booked Avalon, they are brilliant, we have been to loads of weddings they have played at. Always a great night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Thank Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

michellie wrote: »
    We've booked Avalon, they are brilliant, we have been to loads of weddings they have played at. Always a great night!

Avalon left us down two weeks before the wedding. They said they had double booked. Still not happy about it many years later....I forget the name of the band we got in the end. Obviously they weren't great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nobody gets double booked like that, they just got offered a good bit more money to ditch one gig to play another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

kryogen wrote: »
    Nobody gets double booked like that, they just got offered a good bit more money to ditch one gig to play another

I expected the same at the time......

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

The Waxies! Great band. No Hot Ashes are great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The Bottle Brothers or something like that played my cousins, they were good, the old incarnation of Lebowski, I cant comment on the new one though Rochy is top class so I am sure they are excellent still, The Unusual Suspects are always a good night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Avalon are great. We have them booked for our wedding in November. Hopefully they won't cancel on us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Most bands are happy to travel. We had The Great Escape, cant recommend them highly enough. Had the dance floor packed all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Brand New Cadillac have played at the last 3 weddings I was at. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 loublue

What kind of price are these bands charging and what price would a DJ be? On the hunt at the moment for a band and Dj in Waterford..for a wedding seems to make a huge difference in price.

Advertisement