Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gaming headset

• 15-09-2014 7:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Lads im on the hunt for a new gaming headset as I stood on my old speedlink madusa nx 5:1 surround sound and broke the Mic.

Now all ive ever used is surround sound headsets so The question is::: Is there much differance between a quality stereo set to surround???

Im running an asus xonar phoebus 7;1 sound card and am thinking of a stereo headset and plugging it straight into the soundcard but would I still get some sort of surround effect while gaming as I like to hear the direction of incoming Tanks ect..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..

P.s I have a budget of around 100 quid..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The solution Im going for is a ModMic + DT990s + Fiio E10. Awesome sound quality, and a mic for gaming/VOIP. If you already have decent regular headphones its worth considering. Headsets tend to compromise sound a fair bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

My setup is a ModMic with a DT770 Pro 80omm + the Fiio E10. Worth every penny. The sound quality is in a different league to a headset.

Advertisement