Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starting out in GAA

• 15-09-2014 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi, quick question my friend wants to join a hurling club, he's 19 going on 20 at Christmas. He never played for a club before but does train/practice with 4 or 5 of us most evening's at home so he's not that bad. He was wondering how he would go about joining a club or if he would be even accepted. His dad played hurling for years but with a different club than which he will be joining, so he will be the first in his family to play for the club. It'll be a different one to mine otherwise we'd have a better idea. Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Just find out the name of the secretary and contact him / her. If he doesn't have the secretary's details contact the county board and they will give the club details. However someone he or you knows should have the details of the sec or from the committee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Just tell him to contact someone in the club. If they're any kind of club at all they'll be delighted to have him. If not, they were never worth joining to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

I'm 99.9% certain he's free to join any club he wants, and I can't see why any club wouldn't accept him, plenty of clubs struggling for numbers so he should have no bother.

What county are we talking about here? And although he has never played, has he ever been registered to a club? (His father might have registered him years ago?!)

I'm aware of instances around the country where petty local rivalries have seen clubs object to other clubs having certain players join them, in fact a few years back a small Limerick city club was basically forced out of existence by a bigger club partially due to such carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Galway East, not sure if I can give the name or not. He's going to ask his Dad about the registering. Not sure if this club is struggling for numbers but I know there're in a bad place right now with relegation looming!

Advertisement