Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Ludogorets Match Thread 7.45pm 16/9/14 on ITV or TV 3.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

xabi wrote: »
    I get it now, champions league, far away

Can you actually post something about your team or even anything got to do with the game tonight without mentioning Man United

You are the one fixated with United

Do you actually get the point im trying to make

Look over your last posts.....

YOU are a Liverpool fan who is managing to bring your own match thread off topic

They same thing the rest of your Supporting members are complaining about all the time

You are a prime example of what your own supporters are complaining about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Augmerson wrote: »
    You don't have to stick up for Man U everytime they get a mention Will. Take a day off mate.

And you don't have to reply to me every single time I post in a Liverpool related thread yet here we are again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Mr_Red wrote: »
    Can you actually post something about your team or even anything got to do with the game tonight without mentioning Man United

You are the one fixated with United

Do you actually get the point im trying to make

Look over your last posts.....

YOU are a Liverpool fan who is managing to bring your own match thread off topic

They same thing the rest of your Supporting members are complaining about all the time

You are a prime example of what your own supporters are complaining about

It was an observation based on watching the match tonight, you should look at your own posts in utd thread and utd match threads, lots of liverpool references there. Fixated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

mosstin wrote: »
    Your post would suggest blindness.

Eh I'd imagine he would be dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

CSF wrote: »
    Eh I'd imagine he would be dead

**** me. Hark at Sherlock Holmes here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Was never going to be an easy game.

Often harder to play against an unknown quantity than teams who are almost always in the CL and go through the motions taking it for granted - the likes of Leverkusen, Anderlecht, Olympiakos, Galatasaray and Benficas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I feel thicker for reading the last page of this thread. Jesus lads.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Augmerson wrote: »
    You don't have to stick up for Man U everytime they get a mention Will. Take a day off mate.

no he actually does

BMMachine wrote: »
    no he actually does

When I see stupid statements I'll point out how stupid they are, if it annoys you then that's a bonus.

Great to be back in the CL!

• Advertisement

• rarnes1 wrote: »
    Great to be back in the CL!

Oh you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'm not trolling, first goalscorer and anytime are typically within 90 minutes post match unless its bet in play and depending on bookies they may not payout I have been stung before for goals in added time

That's nonsense, injury time is always counted in the 90 mins. Id like to hear how you were stung?

Injury time goals are included in 90min bets. Well, have been the past 20 years since I started sticking on football bets

Were Ludogorets any good or was it just a poor Liverpool performance?
    Rodgers said they will take points off the other teams, they will hardly trouble Madrid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Rodgers said they will take points off the other teams, they will hardly trouble Madrid?

So you're posting in a match thread and you weren't even watching the game?

Okayyyy.....

• Were Ludogorets any good or was it just a poor Liverpool performance?

They have pace but little or no cutting edge. Had a few chances to win the match last night and wasted them. They were unlucky not to get a peno in the first half, a clear fowl from Lovren - if you compare it the soft peno Liverpool got in the last minute..bad ref decisions.

Ultimately a howler gave Liverpool the opportunity to gain that soft peno which saved them from embarrassment.

When Ludoforets come up against Madrid & Basil I can't see them getting results.

Playing Liverpool at home would be there best chance at getting something out of the group.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    So you're posting in a match thread and you weren't even watching the game?

Okayyyy.....

What has that got to do with anything? I haven't commented on the game. Weird...

Can I not ask a question about the game because I didn't watch it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Doubt they will take points off Madrid but I could see them taking points off Basel. Maybe even Liverpool in the return leg.

They were a much better side than I thought they would be. Have a fair sprinkling of Brazillians, couple Spanish and a Dutch lad. Along with a mixture from eastern Europe. Hadn't really noticed them until they won the penalty shoot out to get into the Champions League but last season they beat PSV home and away and Lazio. So definitely no mugs.

That said it definitely wasn't a good Liverpool performance.

Doubt they will take points off Madrid but I could see them taking points off Basel. Maybe even Liverpool in the return leg.

They were a much better side than I thought they would be. Have a fair sprinkling of Brazillians, couple Spanish and a Dutch lad. Along with a mixture from eastern Europe. Hadn't really noticed them until they won the penalty shoot out to get into the Champions League but last season they beat PSV home and away and Lazio. So definitely no mugs.

That said it definitely wasn't a good Liverpool performance.

Cheers, all I wanted to know. I've never seen a second of them play in regular time, just that shoot out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Well, i have to say, im enjoying how sick United fans are after piping up last night all over the shop on twitter and elsewhere. The joy lasted what? 60 seconds? ;):pac:

Ludogorets were much better than i thought they would be although after their perfrormances v PSV and Lazio last year they shouldnt have been underestimated.

Liverpool's only issue is a few injuries and a fair few new players getting to know each other. That's something that should 'clear up' over time

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

When I see stupid statements I'll point out how stupid they are, if it annoys you then that's a bonus.

exactly, its all about the little victories innit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Maybe i am in the minority but as a United fan i want Liverpool to do well in the champions league. Most of the squad are not used to the midweek travelling and extra games and it stretches the squad. This gives United an edge when pushing for 4th place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Maybe i am in the minority but as a United fan i want Liverpool to do well in the champions league. Most of the squad are not used to the midweek travelling and extra games and it stretches the squad. This gives United an edge when pushing for 4th place.

Not cl but they've been in Europa before. Tbh I normally don't mind pool doing well but the carry-on between fans here last season was pretty petty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Maybe i am in the minority but as a United fan i want Liverpool to do well in the champions league.

At first I was all:
    oh_stop_it-11281.gif
    Most of the squad are not used to the midweek travelling and extra games and it stretches the squad. This gives United an edge when pushing for 4th place.

Then:
    jim-the-office.gif

Not cl but they've been in Europa before. Tbh I normally don't mind pool doing well but the carry-on between fans here last season was pretty petty.

Big difference in the Europa where you can generally rest players where the standard of opponent is poor. Big difference in the quality in the champions league where their are no easy games and you can't afford to rest players.

The likes of Saturday when Sterling was rested and they were toothless and lost to a poor Villa side at home. Games before and after Europe are going to stretch a squad when you need to rest players your best players from time to time.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    At first I was all:
    oh_stop_it-11281.gif

Then:
    jim-the-office.gif

What's hard to understand i said i want Liverpool to do well in the Champions league as it makes it tougher for them and gives United an edge for 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

What's hard to understand i said i want Liverpool to do well in the Champions league as it makes it tougher for them and gives United an edge for 4th.

He thinks man United won't make 4th. With di Maria, rvp, falcao, blind, mata, de gea, Rooney.

Not sure how that is funny, because it would be pretty hard to not get 4th or 3rd with those players, along with another transfer window coming up.

Just leave him off.

What's probably hard to understand for someone who wants to read about this match is that Utd are being discussed.

Was looking forward to reading this thread today and it's just about a team not involved in the match let alone the competition. Frustrating

The game wasn't great but 3 points is all that matter .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

He thinks man United won't make 4th. With di Maria, rvp, falcao, blind, mata, de gea, Rooney.

Not sure how that is funny, because it would be pretty hard to not get 4th or 3rd with those players, along with another transfer window coming up.

Just leave him off.

You lot are quickly becoming insufferable. Deary me.

Mosaic from last night showing the clubs 5 European cups

Quality

BxrO_OKIAAEc9fc.jpg

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    What's probably hard to understand for someone who wants to read about this match is that Utd are being discussed.

Was looking forward to reading this thread today and it's just about a team not involved in the match let alone the competition. Frustrating

The game wasn't great but 3 points is all that matter .

While not discussing the game i don't see the problem with discussing the competition in general and it's effect on the season ahead.

Comparing to some of the tit for tat drivel i have seen the last few pages i don't see much wrong with discussing the impact of the competition on Liverpool's season.

While not discussing the game i don't see the problem with discussing the competition in general and it's effect on the season ahead.

Comparing to some of the tit for tat drivel i have seen the last few pages i don't see much wrong with discussing the impact of the competition on Liverpool's season.

It's an interesting one really. Its 6 extra games, spaced out over 3 months or so? In some ways with the new signings that have been made, extra games could be of benefit. I think it can really affect your season if you get to the knockout stages. On the evidence of last nights performance, that isn't a certainty!

Fescue wrote: »
    You lot are quickly becoming insufferable. Deary me.

How is that insufferable?

Would you still think the same if any other team apart from united had those players? Or are you just trying to get a dig in?

Imagine if Arsenal had those players, because people think that because of Ozil and Sanchez they are dead certs for 3rd?

Would you still think the same if any other team apart from united had those players? Or are you just trying to get a dig in?

Imagine if Arsenal had those players, because people think that because of Ozil and Sanchez they are dead certs for 3rd?

Insufferable in terms of the extraordinay confidence you have in finishing in the top four.

I'd like to see how you guys get on against a proper side before making such bold predictions. Beating QPR is no barometer of anything. Spurs beat them 4-0 also and were thumped by Liverpool in their next game!

I think your chances of finishing in the top four have improved dramatically by signing Di Maria and Falcao but we still don't really know where United are.

Fescue wrote: »
    It's an interesting one really. Its 6 extra games, spaced out over 3 months or so? In some ways with the new signings that have been made, extra games could be of benefit. I think it can really affect your season if you get to the knockout stages. On the evidence of last nights performance, that isn't a certainty!

It is spaced over 3 months but still it's 6 games where your playing 3 games in a week and you have to rotate players.

It comes down to where with injuries and resting players where in games without Sterling or Sturridge can you go and get 3 points.

Can Markovic, Lambert etc step up to the plate on tough away games after having a midweek away game in Europe.

It's obviously going to be more difficult for Liverpool and as a United fan i think it benefits us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Big difference in the Europa where you can generally rest players where the standard of opponent is poor. Big difference in the quality in the champions league where their are no easy games and you can't afford to rest players.

The likes of Saturday when Sterling was rested and they were toothless and lost to a poor Villa side at home. Games before and after Europe are going to stretch a squad when you need to rest players your best players from time to time.

Isn't that precisely what pool went for with the chewy Louie money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mosaic from last night showing the clubs 5 European cups

Quality

BxrO_OKIAAEc9fc.jpg

I was holding one of the white cards! Great atmosphere in the Kop last night!

It is spaced over 3 months but still it's 6 games where your playing 3 games in a week and you have to rotate players.

It comes down to where with injuries and resting players where in games without Sterling or Sturridge can you go and get 3 points.

Can Markovic, Lambert etc step up to the plate on tough away games after having a midweek away game in Europe.

It's obviously going to be more difficult for Liverpool and as a United fan i think it benefits us.

I think its just too early to predict how Liverpool will cope with it. There were 6 new players in the side that lost to Villa and 5 last night. You have to expect it will take a little time for it all to gel.

But you are probably right, it will be more difficult, I'm sure that has been the experience of most teams who are new to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

ASOT wrote: »
    Sterling loses the ball and stood there sulking, moreno who was further forward got back quicker, dont get me started on ming

dont forget Gerrard in that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jaysus. Whats hard to understand about my post, that justifies the patronizing response from yourself?

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »

Looked fantastic. Atmosphere at the beginning and end especially was great

Looked fantastic. Atmosphere at the beginning and end especially was great

Will be even better when Madrid are in town I'd guess.

Will be even better when Madrid are in town I'd guess.

I'd say so, going?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

I was thinking. There's a little bit missing on the 5th cup furthest to the right, the part between the bottom and the main body of the cup. Cop on and hold it up right the next time :P

I'd say so, going?

Nah didn't even attempt to get tickets which is good as I'm not around for it anyway. Basel away the only other one I'm going to, 2 weeks time.

In terms of last night, I'd imagine there was a different feeling watching on tv, few people in work said it was pretty boring, and I can see that, but was pretty tense for me and I kind of like those games.

On Ludogorets, was very impressed. Pressed well and very tidy in possession, lots of good quick passing through the middle and always looked a threat on the counter. I thought it would be like that for first 20mins and fade but they are no mugs, kept going to the end and I hope they do well in their other games (bar us in Sofia).

Liverpool weren't great admittedly, and plenty will say that we should have hammered them just on the basis of being a much bigger club. And while I agree, in this instance I think they do deserve a lot of credit. That's not shifting the blame, it's credit where credit's due.

For us Lovren and Mignolet were caught out badly, a real shame. I'd nearly start Skrtel next game (he's back right?). Lallana also poor and Coutinho hot and cold, he should stop shooting.

Borini was excellent when he came on I thought (and I don't rate him!). 2 Italians on the field for Liverpool is scary but he did well. Balotelli was decent too, difficult role to play, took his goal excellently and his Kop song is great! Sterling didn't see enough of the gal until he moved into the centre, which is also a shame as Moreno was really on form going forward and there was a 10/15min period near the end of first half when nothing was going to that side.

Gerrard is the perfect man to take the pressure penalty, but was strange he's given some of his free kicks to Henderson. Not just the deep ones near the halfway, but further up he wasn't taking them. But his movement is great. I'll make a bold prediction and say that I still think he'll be playing in our midfield in 2017/18 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

There is an arsenal v dortmund thread hasn't been getting too much traffic maybe let them know.

There is an arsenal v dortmund thread hasn't been getting too much traffic maybe let them know.

Cheers, any other threads I should go to?

Cheers, any other threads I should go to?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055522579

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

When people say they play 3 times a week, does that mean you play 0 times the next week?

Sat-Wed-Sat is twice a week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

naughtb4 wrote: »
    When people say they play 3 times a week, does that mean you play 0 times the next week?

Sat-Wed-Sat is twice a week

No it's 3 times a week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement