Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Ludogorets Match Thread 7.45pm 16/9/14 on ITV or TV 3.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Jaysus lads how (apart form suarez not there any more ) did we become so bad around the box,the passing is just muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Don't get the hate for Lallana. Thought he was good, winning the ball back well, passing well, actually providing some sort of threat in the box.

Coutinho on the hand has continued his poor form. Putting in silly challenges and he just doesn't have that killer pass anymore. Sure, he's passed around neatly a few times but only when not under pressure.

Ballotelli needs better service. Moreno wasted a lot of good crosses/passes in the first 30 minutes.

Defensively we've been solid enough. One dodgy moment from Lovren but I don't think it was a peno.

For the 2nd half, BR has to take off Coutinho and bring on another striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

That was hard watched. Pool are seriously lacking Sturridge's movement up front. So far it's looking like Balotelli isn't suiting the style of play at all.

Balotelli is a midfielders nightmare, passing needs to be pinpoint as he always wants it to feet and will never run the channels. His movement has always been very poor and gives the midfield very little options when picking passes.

Worringly, we look extremely blunt in the final third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'm not being top hard on Lallana as he missed a lot of pre season and clearly ain't match fit.

Hendo needs to up his game. Running around like a headless chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lallana still getting up to match fitness. You can see the potential there, but he's rusty and stuff isn't going his way.

Coutinho has been dreadful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Bacchus wrote: »
    Don't get the hate for Lallana. Thought he was good, winning the ball back well, passing well, actually providing some sort of threat in the box.

Coutinho on the hand has continued his poor form. Putting in silly challenges and he just doesn't have that killer pass anymore. Sure, he's passed around neatly a few times but only when not under pressure.

Ballotelli needs better service. Moreno wasted a lot of good crosses/passes in the first 30 minutes.

Defensively we've been solid enough. One dodgy moment from Lovren but I don't think it was a peno.

For the 2nd half, BR has to take off Coutinho and bring on another striker.

Coutinho must be tearing his hair out when looking to pick passes to Balotelli though, theres zero movement from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I don't think its too far away from clicking. Just need a little more composure with the final pass.

I actually like Coutinho in that role on the left of midfield. Ok his final ball is really poor right now but his ability to take the ball in tight spaces and face the opposition is really good.

Ludogorets have been quite impressive actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

delw wrote: »
    Jaysus lads how (apart form suarez not there any more ) did we become so bad around the box,the passing is just muck

Missing Sturridge too. There is no spearhead in our attack. Simple as. Ballotelli is alongside Sterling, Hendo, Moreno etc. most the time. We're flat going forward and it's easy for the opposition to defend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its obvious enough what's needed - drop Coutinho/Lallana and throw in Lambert. Balo is actually doing pretty well except for not making runs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Myth, and the same myth that has been said about other players too - like Ronaldo in the past.

These players are told by their managers to play this way.

There's no point in playing one up top if you are also going to tell that player to work back and dig in with the midfield - where's the out ball then?

I don't care what space he works in. There is no Myth here, he has not bust a gut yet to get onto the end of a ball. He can play in any space he wants but he still should work hard in that space. He does not close down the defenders at anything like the speed that we would expect with a high pressing game and he has not been effective, some of that will be the fault of the team around him but a lot of it will be because he does not attack the box.

• You know I don't actually care about Real Madrid in terms of this group stage, as long as they win every game and Liverpool get 10 points that will do.

If you play like this against basil you will be beaten easily, they broke up Chelsea last year and have lots of cl experience in the last few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Balotelli is a midfielders nightmare, passing needs to be pinpoint as he always wants it to feet and will never run the channels. His movement has always been very poor and gives the midfield very little options when picking passes.

Worringly, we look extremely blunt in the final third.

His movement and positioning is chronic. He keeps looking for it short rather than make moves into the channels where he can use his power to get them further up the field. At one stage he ran towards his own right back when Henderson was already in the space looking for the ball and ended up bringing an extra defender up on top - meant the RB had to look stop and switch play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Coutinho isn't playing well. But he keeps showing for the ball & is trying to make things happen. The team is lacking confidence after Saturday. Wee need a goal badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

I don't care what space he works in. There is no Myth here, he has not bust a gut yet to get onto the end of a ball. He can play in any space he wants but he still should work hard in that space. He does not close down the defenders at anything like the speed that we would expect with a high pressing game and he has not been effective, some of that will be the fault of the team around him but a lot of it will be because he does not attack the box.

Do you think Sturridge does that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

We're just not threatening enough and not getting in the right positions.

That's what Suarez had, firstly he could get in the right place and secondly he worried defences so much that they left spaces for other attackers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

bluefinger wrote: »
    mug bet imo

It's not looking too shabby right now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

In an open game what is the point of playing sterling out wide? Get him into the middle and he will drive at the 2 centre backs.
    Coutinho off he's got alot of work to do to get a starting spot again imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

We need to buy this Marcelino guy :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That ****en ref is letting nothing go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Dat ad doe.

Dunphy and Giles as told by David Lynch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Remove if not relevant. But. :pac:

Shooting from 23 yards won't score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Saganist wrote: »

Did that really happen.

• Clear dive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Never a pen there. Good strength from the defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Getting better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Saganist wrote: »

I'm a Nestlé man now....

• What a miss lol

I'd try Sterling as a striker against West Ham along with Mario. His movement is brilliant, I think he will flourish as a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why is Balotelli playing so deep? It has to be on order from Rodgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Doesn't seem to be any pattern to our play. Very worrying stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Rodgers hasn't a scooby what to do here.

I wish Rodgers would just get with the programme and put Lambert on he won't stray from the final third and will find space.

Suso on for Coutinho, please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This is giving me a frustration migraine

I wish Rodgers would just get with the programme and put Lambert on he won't stray from the final third and will find space.

I just hope he doesn't put Borini on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'd try Sterling as a striker against West Ham along with Mario. His movement is brilliant, I think he will flourish as a striker.

He'd be wasted up front. Needs to be creating things, he's the most lively player ye have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Really missing Sturridge's movement up front. Don't think Ballotelli has done badly but he's a completely different type of player. Wants it into his feet rather than in behind. Sturridge can do both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Pool need a "fox in the box" type player here, someone who can poke one in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

niallo27 wrote: »
    Did that really happen.

My thoughts when I saw it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Lallana off for Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Coutinho is so bad atm my heart actually sinks a little every time he gets on the ball as I know he is going to give it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Last year we were complaining there was no one to collect the pass and not we have too many who get in each others way in the box

Goal coming soon I feel. Anfield will erupt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Coutinho has to come off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

This is a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

This will finish 3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

sword1 wrote: »
    Lallana off for Anyone

Coutinho first please!

ASOT wrote: »
    This is a disgrace.

Seriously, that's an over reaction and opponents are better than expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Ludogorets have plenty of pace in their side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paper headlines tomorrow,

" Balotelli Kicks Ludogoretz Players Head Clean Off "

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement