Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EVISION CANCELLATION

Options
  • 15-09-2014 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Eircom,

I have just had the displeasure of dealing with your customer care team. I rang initially to request cancellation of Evision, and got through to Samantha in the Evision department, a lovely girl with a Dublin accent who promptly CUT ME OFF when she went to "check the cancellation charge". I perhaps thought it might have been a problem on my end, but the 4 other times I rang back I was also cut off! And I know this because I heard people speaking on the line before the line went dead. 

Your hold times are a disgrace, but I see from this forum that it's already a known issue. 

I was ringing to cancel my Evision, and Samantha informed me that it is going to cost me €120 odd euro to do so. My issue with this is that my reason for cancelling the tv is because of the effect it's having on my fibre speeds. 

We were getting a good 37 - 38 down, and it's plummeted. We get 25 on a good day now. No where was it ever pointed out to me that this would happen to my connection. Video on demand lags regularly, and streaming video is just a joke. 

Now I understand that there may have to be a small cancellation/administration fee to get rid of the service, fair enough. The tv is free for 12 months out of my 18 month contract, and is €10 per month after that. 6 remaining months = €60???? Where exactly is the 120odd figure coming out of? Can any cancellation charge be spread over my remaining bills? Do I really even have to cancel tv - can I not just downgrade to my previous package of just fibre and phoneline?

No where was it ever made clear of the effect the evision would have on my connection. I feel completely misled as a customer. I've never really had a problem with eircom in the past, have been a loyal customer for well over 6 years now, but this is just a joke! Imagine - cutting off your customers when they ring with a request!! 

ALSO

On the back of your bills it clearly states that your customer care centre is open until 9pm Monday - Friday, this is NOT the case, please rectify this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Shouldn't be a cancellation fee if it's not working as advertised, and you have indicated that it indeed dosent work properly. So keep at them and give comreg a call if you are getting nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Still no reply. I've kept trying to get a hold of them, no joy.

See below for my latest attempt. The call centre closed at 8!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

lila44 wrote: »
    Eircom,

I have just had the displeasure of dealing with your customer care team. I rang initially to request cancellation of Evision, and got through to Samantha in the Evision department, a lovely girl with a Dublin accent who promptly CUT ME OFF when she went to "check the cancellation charge". I perhaps thought it might have been a problem on my end, but the 4 other times I rang back I was also cut off! And I know this because I heard people speaking on the line before the line went dead. 

Your hold times are a disgrace, but I see from this forum that it's already a known issue. 

I was ringing to cancel my Evision, and Samantha informed me that it is going to cost me €120 odd euro to do so. My issue with this is that my reason for cancelling the tv is because of the effect it's having on my fibre speeds. 

We were getting a good 37 - 38 down, and it's plummeted. We get 25 on a good day now. No where was it ever pointed out to me that this would happen to my connection. Video on demand lags regularly, and streaming video is just a joke. 

Now I understand that there may have to be a small cancellation/administration fee to get rid of the service, fair enough. The tv is free for 12 months out of my 18 month contract, and is €10 per month after that. 6 remaining months = €60???? Where exactly is the 120odd figure coming out of? Can any cancellation charge be spread over my remaining bills? Do I really even have to cancel tv - can I not just downgrade to my previous package of just fibre and phoneline?

No where was it ever made clear of the effect the evision would have on my connection. I feel completely misled as a customer. I've never really had a problem with eircom in the past, have been a loyal customer for well over 6 years now, but this is just a joke! Imagine - cutting off your customers when they ring with a request!! 

ALSO

On the back of your bills it clearly states that your customer care centre is open until 9pm Monday - Friday, this is NOT the case, please rectify this.

Hi lila44

I'm sorry to hear of the issues with contacting eircom in relation to this and apologise for the disappointing level of service previously offered.

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will look in to the evison issue for you.

Many thanks
    Al

Advertisement