Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire windows 8 won't play DVD's

Options
  • 15-09-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I bought an Acer Aspire E1-570 with windows 8 last January! It's only now I tried playing a DVD and it won't play them, for some it goes
    D:/
    Application not found

Or others time it does nothing.
    I also did a search online and some people said to download VLC and that doesn't seem to work either.

Is there anyway of getting it to play DVD's? Any advice would be great!
    Not a fan of Windows 8!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

I bought an Acer Aspire E1-570 with windows 8 last January! It's only now I tried playing a DVD and it won't play them, for some it goes
    D:/
    Application not found

Or others time it does nothing.
    I also did a search online and some people said to download VLC and that doesn't seem to work either.

Is there anyway of getting it to play DVD's? Any advice would be great!
    Not a fan of Windows 8!
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Download a trial copy of PowerDVD, even after trial the DVD decoder should work from memory. You don't need to use PowerDVD to play DVDs once the trial ends, Media Player et al. should work fine

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Corkcinderella

I tried doing the troubleshoot but didn't work for me but downloaded the power DVD and it works, thanks so much for all your help!

Advertisement