Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

puppys poo is always soft/sloppy

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

andreac wrote: »
    What condition is he in? Does he look ok or skinny or too heavy?

Most dogs would eat until they burst, so it's up to us to control portion sizes.
    Unless the dog needs more weight on or off then I would continue with the portions you are giving him.

He seems perfect tbh hes still not even 8 months so i think hes the right weight. Just dont want him bein hungry

Anyone know about Calibra dog food? My vet gave me samples today and im just curious if its good food?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Never heard of it. What's the ingredients?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

andreac wrote: »
    Never heard of it. What's the ingredients?
    Linky
    Composition:
    poultry and poultry by-products (>32 %), rice (29 %), corn, poultry fat, dried apples, corn gluten, hydrolyzed poultry protein, natural flavors, salmon oil (2 %), brewer´s yeast, glucosamine hydrochloride (290 mg), chondroitin sulphate (180 mg), mannan-oligosaccharides (150 mg/kg), fructooligosaccharides (100 mg/kg), chelated copper, chelated zinc, organic selenium, yucca schidigera extract (80 mg/kg).
    Analytical constituents:
    Crude protein 26,0 %
    Crude fat 14,0 %
    Crude ash 6,5 %
    Crude fibre 2,5 %
    Moisture 10,0 %
    Calcium 1,5 %
    Phosphorus 1,0 %
    Metabolizable
    energy kcal/kg 4 059
    Among the better ones out there to be honest but not happy with that corn and unnamed protein sources; ToTW is higher quality imo.
    Composition:
    poultry and poultry by-products, wheat, corn, poultry fat, dried apples, brewer´s yeast, hydrolysed chicken liver, salmon oil (1 %), glucosamine hydrochloride (260 mg), chondroitin sulphate (160 mg) mannan-oligosaccharides (150 mg/kg).
    Analytical constituents:
    Crude protein 26,0 %
    Crude fat 14,0 %
    Crude ash 6,5 %
    Crude fibre 2,8 %
    Moisture 10,0 %
    Calcium 1,6 %
    Phosphorus 1,15 %
    Metabolizable
    energy kcal/kg
    And here's a good example of what happens usually in going down to cheaper versions; wheat comes in as a filler and they don't even state the amount of meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Are you feeding TOTW at the mo? If so that's a much better quality food than this one.

If your pup is doing well and in good condition then I wouldn't see a reason to change.

• Advertisement

Im happy out with totw but was just curious :)

All the writing was in a foreign language so didnt have a clue what was in it ha

Would i be doing a bad thing if i put him back on cheap food like gain or something , i genuinely cant afford the expensive food. It ran out yesterday and i cant buy it again for a while. Gave him boiled chicken and carrots this moring , need to get food but i dont want to put him on cheap food if it will **** him up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

would you consider markus muehle dry food.
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/markus_muehle/472232
    excellent quality/value, I've been feeding this to me dog for a while and I alternate between totw, acana, markus muehle and I mix these with happy dog XXL (http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/happy_dog_medium/happy_dog_natur_croq/128484) which does wonders for his coat.
    I usually but a bag of markus buehle and a bag of happy dog and it lasts me around 3 months.
    My dog is a 40kg american bulldog by the way!

would you consider markus muehle dry food.
    http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/markus_muehle/472232
    excellent quality/value, I've been feeding this to me dog for a while and I alternate between totw, acana, markus muehle and I mix these with happy dog XXL (http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dry_dog_food/happy_dog_medium/happy_dog_natur_croq/128484) which does wonders for his coat.
    I usually but a bag of markus buehle and a bag of happy dog and it lasts me around 3 months.
    My dog is a 40kg american bulldog by the way!

I had him on mm black angus and he wouldnt eat it:( he would just pick away at it but he wasnt eat enough

Can anyone1 recomend a better food than gain? I picked up a small bag of totw so that will do for the week but il need new food on friday, budget is 30-40 for big bag..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Can anyone1 recomend a better food than gain? I picked up a small bag of totw so that will do for the week but il need new food on friday, budget is 30-40 for big bag..
    Greenwoods Puppy – Turkey & Rice and while slightly out of range by 5 EUR it's very good you have Optimanova Large Puppy Chicken & Rice. You could also look at wet food such as Rocco to complement the kibble (i.e. kibble for one meal and wet food for another) and make it last longer.

Nody wrote: »
    Greenwoods Puppy – Turkey & Rice and while slightly out of range by 5 EUR it's very good you have Optimanova Large Puppy Chicken & Rice. You could also look at wet food such as Rocco to complement the kibble (i.e. kibble for one meal and wet food for another) and make it last longer.

Cheers . Im just going to go back on gain tho, its easier as its available in store. Or if burns if less than 50e il go with that in the local petshop

Is it possible to put dogs on a human food diet? Chicken, fish veg etc? And would they get everythimng they need on it?

JUst saw eukanuba food on zooplus, any good?

Is it possible to put dogs on a human food diet? Chicken, fish veg etc? And would they get everythimng they need on it?
    Yes; there's a thread on raw feeding here as a starting point.
    JUst saw eukanuba food on zooplus, any good?
    Maize & wheat but at least meat first.

Nody wrote: »
    Yes; there's a thread on raw feeding here as a starting point.

Id rather cook the food tbh

Maize & wheat but at least meat first.

Would it be better than gain?

Advertisement