Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Car Mirror without Head rest

Options
  • 15-09-2014 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

In the final stretch now and trying to get all the final bits and pieces sorted before baby arrives.

This item is really not that important but it is actually annoying me that I am getting absolutely nowhere in sourcing one.

Basically, I am looking for a mirror for the car so that when I am driving I can see baby in the rearward facing baby seat. BUT I don't have head rests in the back seats.

I have a small mirror that attaches to the front window so I can see back but nothing the be able to see into the rearward facing baby seat. A few months ago I was at the Pregnancy & Baby show in the RDS and saw one that was held in place by a bean bag and draped over the seat. Great, I thought, I can get that closer to the time. Now I can't remember what shop was selling it and can't source one anywhere. Every mirror I see is attached to the head rest in the back seat.

Now this is not an important item, I am sure I can jury rig something but it has been annoying that all my searches have turned up almost nothing - I did find something on Amazon but it was for £105 GBP Absolutely crazy price. And I am looking for something that will not break the bank.

As I said, it is so unimportant as to not be worth posting about but I really want to nail this one as it is annoying.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.amazon.com/4U2C-Rear-Facing-Seat-Mirror/dp/B0061RHFKE
    http://babies-products.com/top-10-car-seat-mirrors/

I know they don't ship to .ie but sometimes if you find one then once you have a brand it is easier to find it locally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

was it this guy?

Mirror

as far as i remember when we bought him (5 years ago now mind you) he had the bean bag and the velcro straps (which stuck to the back of my seats and with each other)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

I got one in tesco just this morning for €4.11.

Made by lindam

I have it stuck on my back window can see baby in my rear view mirror

Granted it's not huge.. but enough to spot trouble and more reliable than a 2 yr old saying baby noahs eyes are closed 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Doctor14

Thanks for all the answers but I have just decided to try and jury rig something together. Not a great option but probably a lot less trouble than to keep looking for a perfect mirror.

Advertisement