Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mira Event XS

• 15-09-2014 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have two Mira Event XS thermostatic showers fitted in the house.
    The one downstairs we use all the time and have no problems. Now the one upstairs has had very little use because the bearings in the motor were gone when we moved in over a year ago and I only got round to fitting a new motor Friday night.
    That fixed that problem but now the water seems to be warm no matter what setting the temp control knob is set. If its turned all the way down its still fairly warm. Turn it up past four and you can barely stay in the shower it gets so hot.
    I have checked the filters, water pipes coming from the tank and cleaned the shower head. I've also had the solenoid out and checked it for dirt or lime and its like new and spring is working fine and rubber in tact.

Anyone able to shed some light or is it a case that the solenoid needs replacing even though it looks fine? Showers are approx. eight years old but had very little use.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to get my problem across.

Regards
    BLS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Hi guys,

I have two Mira Event XS thermostatic showers fitted in the house.
    The one downstairs we use all the time and have no problems. Now the one upstairs has had very little use because the bearings in the motor were gone when we moved in over a year ago and I only got round to fitting a new motor Friday night.
    That fixed that problem but now the water seems to be warm no matter what setting the temp control knob is set. If its turned all the way down its still fairly warm. Turn it up past four and you can barely stay in the shower it gets so hot.
    I have checked the filters, water pipes coming from the tank and cleaned the shower head. I've also had the solenoid out and checked it for dirt or lime and its like new and spring is working fine and rubber in tact.

Anyone able to shed some light or is it a case that the solenoid needs replacing even though it looks fine? Showers are approx. eight years old but had very little use.

Sorry for the long post just wanted to get my problem across.

Regards
    BLS

If the solenoid failed you'd either have no water at all or you wouldn't be able to shut it off.

Who fitted the pump? They shouldn't have left the shower like this.

It could be an easy fix, for example the temperature dial may be fitted on the wrong setting. If there was a problem with the cold flow I would expect little or no water when on cold. The fact that you do have flow on cold suggests to me that it is the dial fitted incorrectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 174 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

I fitted it myself Friday night but I had no hot water to test temperature just the flow. The hot and cold flow seem spot on.
    As you say it could be the temp control knob but I was particular about the way I removed the cover and knob, keeping it turned back to the coolest setting.
    The cover had been removed before so possibly it was left incorrect.

Thanks for the reply.

Advertisement