Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone unlocking

• 15-09-2014 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Cut a long story short- bought iPhone 5s at launch from apple last year, had it stolen a few months later, bought a new one from adverts (legit- the guy showed me his receipt etc). Thought it would be easy to get Three to unlock it (he bought it from them) but now the time has come to sell it and they won't unlock it because technically it's still under his account. He won't help me by requesting the unlock from apple.

Anyway, anyone used those imei websites that 'unlock' for €25? I've never had to as I've always bought directly from apple. Are they legit? Phone currently on ebay as unlocked so need a solution fast!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

Partial wrote: »
    He won't help me by requesting the unlock from apple.

Either way apple don't unlock. 3 would have to do it for a legit unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Partial

Sorry That's what I meant. Three won't do it for me because it's not under my name. And he won't send a simple email to three requesting it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭amber2

Partial just wondering if you managed to get your iPhone unlocked and if so how, as I'm in the same situation. Three won't unlock the phone as it's still in a contract by the original owner, I'd appreciate any help or advice you may have please, thank you.

Advertisement