Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting my pc to my Xbox 360 - help

Options
  • 15-09-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

I have my PC on one router.

I have my Xbox 360 connected to that router via Wifi but the xbox can't see the PC. I'm pretty sure they worked when I connected them via an ethernet cable.

PC IP is xxx.xxx.0.16
    X360 IP is xxx.xxx.0.18

Both have subnet 255.255.255.0

Any reason why they can't see each other? I've set my PC in media player to allow it to share with an xbox 360.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

quarryman wrote: »
    I have my PC on one router.

I have my Xbox 360 connected to that router via Wifi but the xbox can't see the PC. I'm pretty sure they worked when I connected them via an ethernet cable.

PC IP is xxx.xxx.0.16
    X360 IP is xxx.xxx.0.18

Both have subnet 255.255.255.0

Any reason why they can't see each other? I've set my PC in media player to allow it to share with an xbox 360.

Seriously. F**k Microsoft and their inability to make things easy. 2 hours I'm at this ****. A few times I got it to connect to the PC. But then it wouldn't connect to xbox live. Piece of ****.

Have tried firewall changes, wan blocking. Media sharing. There is no straightforward way to set this stuff up.

How can apple get this stuff right and MS can't.

Edit: btw I got it working, just don't know how. I reversed what I did and it works still. So I'm none the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Do you have UPNP enabled on your router?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

You might have better luck posting in the Xbox forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Do you have UPNP enabled on your router?

Yep.

Advertisement