Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

rookie1470 wrote: »
    Got the email from HQ myself. Hopefully the background checks and medical are pushed through fairly fast

Back to the waiting game again I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

Back to the waiting game again I guess

As Johnny Logan sang.....Sure what's another year 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Yes,and we have to fill out a new BR Form.So we might as well be New Applicants.Think it's very unfair,as we're not Fulltime,and have waited long enough.5 years in my case,to be told it's back to the start,when Training should have been done and dusted.At the most,we should only have to have background checks and medical to do again.That I could understand.Really deflated at how the whole thing has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Dr_Champion

I thought this forum would be hit with people saying they wanted to join. For some reason I don't think they will get many going for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

Another bash to the reserves tonight after Gay Byrne reveals that it was a reservist who told him about the breath test scandal.
    I imagine nearly everyone will get an interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

Hi all, I registered my interest for the garda reserves through publicjobs.ie, what happens next? will I be called for an interview or is it a supervised test? I did not fill out an application form, I just registered my interest in applying.

Any help on the recruitment process would be appreciated.

Andy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

ando88 wrote: »
    Hi all, I registered my interest for the garda reserves through publicjobs.ie, what happens next? will I be called for an interview or is it a supervised test? I did not fill out an application form, I just registered my interest in applying.

Any help on the recruitment process would be appreciated.

Andy

Not being a smartarse, but go back and read the information booklet on the PAS website (publicjobs). It contains important info.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Just prepare yourself for a long dragged out process and many set backs along the way. That's usually how the reserve recruitment goes, average waiting time over past years is around 3 to 4 years.

I have to back Cedric87 here,as the Reserve process has been one of the longest and most frustrating process's,I have undertaken.Myself,Cedric87 and others on here,should be in our 2nd year as Reserves,but had our Training dates cancelled,and have now been shoved back to the start of the process again,as New Applicants.5 years in total now,my application is running.Some will be lucky and fly through the process,others will play the waiting game.So,just be prepared for anything.

No need to be so negative, they were barely recruiting for the permanent force never mind the reserves. The funding is there now and the recruitment process is open fully.

• Advertisement

sorry but ive heard that all before, it has been advertised more than 3 times in the last 3 years and the total amount of people trained would be less than 40

Cedric87 wrote: »
    sorry but ive heard that all before, it has been advertised more than 3 times in the last 3 years and the total amount of people trained would be less than 40

Just because they advertise the job doesn't mean they are going to be recuiting hundreds at a time, as annoying as it might be, people miss out.

point is they have ****ed people over since day one, 5 year waiting list for most

Anyone else get there BR form?

Yes,got it Wednesday.What a task filling that out again.More costs incurred sending for any Certs they require,when they already have them.Maybe they'll let that slide as we already have them in our last application ie Education Certs / Birth Certs.

Did you get it by email?

Boaty wrote: »
    Did you get it by email?

Ya got mine by email

They wouldn't have gotten ridden of anyone yet considering we have given them very little information. I guess I'll just have to wait another few days to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi,

Has anyone else received any further communication from Public Jobs about the most recent recruitment campaign? I received the initial E-Mail containing the Acknowledgement of Application but nothing since.

Just wondering if theres been any progress for anyone yet?

Thanks,

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Decoda wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone else received any further communication from Public Jobs about the most recent recruitment campaign? I received the initial E-Mail containing the Acknowledgement of Application but nothing since.

Just wondering if theres been any progress for anyone yet?

Thanks,

D.

Comp only closed on 13th of April, so you wont hear anything yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Thanks for replying Avada but I just received an email from public jobs telling me that I have a message on my public jobs page.

Attached I found a link to the Questionnaire Assessment familiarization information. I will next receive a link to my assessment by this Friday the 21st of April and I must have the assessment completed by Thursday the 27th of April. Results will be sent to my public jobs page by the 12th of May.

Best of luck to everyone doing the Assessment.

D.

Anyone heard anymore about training etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Is the online assessment written answers or do you need a camera to record your answer?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Is the online assessment written answers or do you need a camera to record your answer?

It's all done through tick boxes onscreen. The sample link makes the process fairly clear.

I wonder when they will say how many applied, I'm thinking less than 2000

I wonder when they will say how many applied, I'm thinking less than 2000

I'd say less again Boaty , my guess is around 1000-1500 . Since the full-time is up and running again doubt there many wanting to do the Reserve. And they say they want to take on 300 by the end of the year ,but sure half the year is nearly gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

I'd say less again Boaty , my guess is around 1000-1500 . Since the full-time is up and running again doubt there many wanting to do the Reserve. And they say they want to take on 300 by the end of the year ,but sure half the year is nearly gone.

You're underestimating the amount of 35-60 year olds who have applied.

D Trent wrote: »

Actually very true D Trent , I was thinking in the since of 18-35 . Forgot that the Reserve went to 60.

D Trent wrote: »

Is this a fact or what you think? I'm thinking that since the last recruitment drive,personal life has changed be it due to work or lack or work etc and people in this age bracket don't have time/effort required for the Garda Reserve

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Is this a fact or what you think? I'm thinking that since the last recruitment drive,personal life has changed be it due to work or lack or work etc and people in this age bracket don't have time/effort required for the Garda Reserve

If you were to approach the management of Order of Malta/Civil Defence/Irish Red Cross for official volunteers figures/stats, they will show the amount of volunteers have stayed in line over the last number of years, if not, they've risen.

Don't underestimate the amount of 'giving back to community' and the volunteers spirit of Irish people.

Advertisement