Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Dr_Champion

If they plan taking on 300 this year when will the first lot go down to Templemore ? Anyone have an idea ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Hard to say Dr Champion.Totally depends on numbers getting through the vetting and onto medicals,and what number they want to take for Training.Will it be groups of 100,150 or 300.They may Train Reserves along with Fulltime,or keep a seperate space just for Reserves.It's all up in the air.It's a watch this space and wait to see how the process goes.Hopefully we won't be waiting any great length of time,as has been the case previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Boaty

What date are the stage 1 results out? Did I see that it is some day this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

Boaty wrote: »
    What date are the stage 1 results out? Did I see that it is some day this week?

I think it's the 12th May, can ring PAS they can confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Got the nod there that I'm through to stage 2. Hopefully you'll all get some update today/tomorrow too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnMK95

I got place 58, is this a good/ bad position to be in?

JohnMK95 wrote: »
    I got place 58, is this a good/ bad position to be in?

Im in front of you, but by very little. I'd of thought its fairly good

Is you place where you come in the county or country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Placed 19......and I thought that I had messed up badly in it....or maybe only 19 did the test in my preferred location.....

Roll on stage 2

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anban

Got placed 6. Is this just a random number that they give you for interviews or is it actually a ranking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 iceadtea

Been looking up the placing myself, got my email in today that I placed 27 so not sure if that's for where your based or what?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The number is your ranking in your county. I'm mid thirties in Louth, but without knowing how many there is, the ranking is hard to gauge.

LC2017 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who didn't get an email? Nothing on my message board either :confused:

Keep an eye tomorrow it could come.

Does anyone know if many applied or are needed in Kildare? I got mid 50's in Kildare and was happy until I seen other posters get single digit numbers etc, or could it be based on the fact I'm in a county with alot of applicants?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Got the nod there that I'm through to stage 2. Hopefully you'll all get some update today/tomorrow too

What does stage two involve ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Viking123

Cedric87 wrote: »

Stage 2 is the Interview and Medical. Theres a hearing test, BMI test, eye test and other medical examinations, don't know them all off the top of my head 😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Viking123 wrote: »
    Stage 2 is the Interview and Medical. Theres a hearing test, BMI test, eye test and other medical examinations, don't know them all off the top of my head 😂😂

Pretty sure Medical is after stage 2

Avada wrote: »
    Pretty sure Medical is after stage 2

It is,
    "Candidates will be invited to Stage 2 (interview and written exercise)"

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Viking123

Boaty wrote: »
    It is,
    "Candidates will be invited to Stage 2 (interview and written exercise)"

I should've read the email properly lol

Im actually interested to see how long it will take after interviews for training to start?

Like will it be this summer ?

• Advertisement

Im actually interested to see how long it will take after interviews for training to start?

Like will it be this summer ?

Yeah I was hoping they would have atleast given us a rough idea.

I will need to book work off , I have asked them when do they think training will be and got no email back that was about 2 weeks ago.

I will need to book work off , I have asked them when do they think training will be and got no email back that was about 2 weeks ago.

How long does training last?

Actually can anyone elaborate on how the training process works if successful. Do we need to go down to templemore for a a couple of weeks straight or can we work it around or current jobs? Also how long training lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭ando88

Hi I was placed 90s in Dublin, not sure if that was a good or bad score? also, it mentions trainees must have educational certificates (leaving cert etc..) would they accept you on work experience and volunteer roles, I don't have a leaving cert or similar qualifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 markjack98

Does anybody know how many they're interviewing? i.e. What are the chances of being successful? Applied to Dublin.

Thanks in advance

markjack98 wrote: »
    Does anybody know how many they're interviewing? i.e. What are the chances of being successful? Applied to Dublin.

Thanks in advance

I'd imagine the majority of reserves would be applied to Dublin so you have that in your favour. I'm in Kildare but choose Dublin as my preferred area

• Registered Users Posts: 24 markjack98

Yeah that's what I was thinking. If they're taking on 300 they're probably interviewing 500? That's a lot of man hours interviewing people.
    I'm 1st year in college so I have zero work experence but I saw in their promo videos that one girl was a full time student as a reserve so hopefully it won't put me at a disadvantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Training is for 4 weeks.Week 1 & 4 are 2 days each week,and week 2 & 3 are 2 full weeks.All are in Templemore.

Ref the Educational question,if you don't have Inter/Leaving,when you get your BR Form,there will be an option on the form,for an Educational Exemption.If you have any Voluntary work/experience in other areas etc,then you can use this,as an opportunity to put forward any additional skills,area you work in,Team working etc etc,after you have left school.It will be entirely up to the Commissioner,if the Exemption is accepted,but that is the option available to you.

Hope that helps folks.

• Advertisement

donman wrote: »
    Training is for 4 weeks.Week 1 & 4 are 2 days each week,and week 2 & 3 are 2 full weeks.All are in Templemore.

Ref the Educational question,if you don't have Inter/Leaving,when you get your BR Form,there will be an option on the form,for an Educational Exemption.If you have any Voluntary work/experience in other areas etc,then you can use this,as an opportunity to put forward any additional skills,area you work in,Team working etc etc,after you have left school.It will be entirely up to the Commissioner,if the Exemption is accepted,but that is the option available to you.

Hope that helps folks.

Thanks a mill

Advertisement