Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Tazium

:) That's just how my mind works but I wasn't at all nervous, it was very calculated on my part to not take it and seemed to be very calculated on theirs to bring attention to it. cue the stand-off gunslinger music :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 limerick53

Tazium wrote: »
    :) That's just how my mind works but I wasn't at all nervous, it was very calculated on my part to not take it and seemed to be very calculated on theirs to bring attention to it. cue the stand-off gunslinger music :)

tazium..funny re the drinking water! I brought my own so I was safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

I remember for the full time this year I poured the water just after the hand shake before we all sat down. I felt it showed confidence. I passed the interview but doubt it was because I poured the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 limerick53

Cedric87 wrote: »
    I remember for the full time this year I poured the water just after the hand shake before we all sat down. I felt it showed confidence. I passed the interview but doubt it was because I poured the water.

hi all..is this our first piece of detective work? !!!... to pour or not to pour?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Hi guys,has anone heard anything about medicals yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

vardy98 wrote: »
    Hi guys,has anone heard anything about medicals yet?

Unfortunately not. I don't care what they say about there being GR class at the start of next year it just won't happen they have been saying that since the start 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ziuman

Hi guys.

Does anyone know if its possible after meeting with Sergeant go straight to the medical "exam" (whenever thats gonna be... :) ), and skipping Superintendent interview.... cos sgt said to me, that he is sending my file now.... i wasn't brave enough to ask, if he is sending my "file" upstairs to the Superintendent :) or back to HQ......

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Guys do we have our local meetings first or can the medical come first. Thanks.

vardy98 wrote: »
    Guys do we have our local meetings first or can the medical come first. Thanks.

Meetings first

Ziuman wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Does anyone know if its possible after meeting with Sergeant go straight to the medical "exam" (whenever thats gonna be... :) ), and skipping Superintendent interview.... cos sgt said to me, that he is sending my file now.... i wasn't brave enough to ask, if he is sending my "file" upstairs to the Superintendent :) or back to HQ......

Sent it to the super

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Tazium wrote: »

I drank all mine... i even kindly asked could i poor more 😂 it showes your relaxed

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Hi guys I received an email there Monday to attend my medical on the 29th
    Did anyone else get called?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hyneser03 wrote: »

That's the first I've heard of the current campaign. Can I ask how far back you did the initial interview and then local station interview?

delly wrote: »
    That's the first I've heard of the current campaign. Can I ask how far back you did the initial interview and then local station interview?

Ya I was surprised myself ya my initial interview was in august and the local station one was the second of October. Did u get a date

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Ya I was surprised myself ya my initial interview was in august and the local station one was the second of October. Did u get a date

No, initial interview was in June, I've had nothing since being informed I passed.

Hey man thats really good to hear, was starting to doubt that they were going foreward seen as the full time are taking on also! Im waiting on my date too! But the fact youve been called means the ball is rolling ! They have assured me that the reserve recruitment will not be effected by the full time recruitment!
    Hope all goes well for you! Will be fine, most the stuff is just basic!

Best of luck

SO7378 wrote: »
    Hey man thats really good to hear, was starting to doubt that they were going foreward seen as the full time are taking on also! Im waiting on my date too! But the fact youve been called means the ball is rolling ! They have assured me that the reserve recruitment will not be effected by the full time recruitment!
    Hope all goes well for you! Will be fine, most the stuff is just basic!

Best of luck
    Well man ya same cause I kept ringing them to see when it would be and they couldn’t give me an answer I thought it would be next year but was happy to get the email. Have u been Called yet? Are they strict on BMI

delly wrote: »
    No, initial interview was in June, I've had nothing since being informed I passed.

That’s strange u haven’t heard anything

I haven't either ...

Has anyone heard anything aswell

• Advertisement

Well man ya same cause I kept ringing them to see when it would be and they couldn’t give me an answer I thought it would be next year but was happy to get the email. Have u been Called yet? Are they strict on BMI

Yeah see this has gone ahead before and then cancelled but they have stressed it is going ahead, finally, A bit of progress haha.. same as that! See the training has apparently changed “according to my local chief super” he says some training or parts of the training in some cases are now done in local stations, but only “some” can facilitate it... now idk what aspects of training he means.. but im sure this free’s up more room in the college.. the process has been fairly fast though.. i found out two days after initial interview i had passed, 3 weeks later had the local interview, now waiting on medical...

emm up to 30 BMI i think.. “ i stand to be corrected” if your worried about it.. just try to cut out the **** food and try a bit of running in evenings or swimming, stuff like that is great for loosing a bit fast..they didnt give you much notice anyway hahah...

ive my full time interview monday coming.. got cancelled because of the weather... lucky enough i didnt board the train.. they rang just in time... weather wasnt even bad... only got a weeks notice for interview lol so yeah haha

That’s strange u haven’t heard anything

Yeah see this is what i fail to understand, i know some friends of mine and we are all at different stages.. one having only done the interview and the other at medical stage.. apparently its down to the individual... the area in which they live .. there merit or placing in the campaign... how much family.. family up north or abroad.. area demand... so ive been told

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

Big push on at the moment to get numbers into the college by Jan 2018

Big push on at the moment to get numbers into the college by Jan 2018

Where did you here that ?

Where did you here that ?

Am a serving Reserve so you often hear whats coming down the pipeline

That's fair enough. Didnt think it would be January but I just done the inspector meeting so hopefully I get a call.

That's fair enough. Didnt think it would be January but I just done the inspector meeting so hopefully I get a call.
    There is a very strong possiblity that you will before Christmas ...best of luck

Hi how are just wondering when you done it were they strict on BMI
    How are u finding the reserves ?
    And do you know how the training is done this time and where un based?
    Thanks

Hi how are just wondering when you done it were they strict on BMI
    How are u finding the reserves ?
    And do you know how the training is done this time and where un based?
    Thanks

Not strict on BMI when I completed the medical I was 6ft and weighted 15st
    Training has changed now back to the old model which is legal studies are covered under CPD and done in a local station and you travel to the college for a number of weekends for the physical training

Have been in the Reserve for 8 years and find it brilliant , you only get out of it what you put into it.
    You need to be turning up for duty at least once a week in order to learn the skills and be an effective unit member

• Advertisement

Not strict on BMI when I completed the medical I was 6ft and weighted 15st
    Training has changed now back to the old model which is legal studies are covered under CPD and done in a local station and you travel to the college for a number of weekends for the physical training

Have been in the Reserve for 8 years and find it brilliant , you only get out of it what you put into it.
    You need to be turning up for duty at least once a week in order to learn the skills and be an effective unit member

Well oh right ya I was worried about the BMI
    Oh really it’s back to the old system now would a person be able to request a station to do the training in as I am still in college.
    Where you based if u don’t mind be asking

Advertisement