Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Well oh right ya I was worried about the BMI
    Oh really it’s back to the old system now would a person be able to request a station to do the training in as I am still in college.
    Where you based if u don’t mind be asking

The CPD stations are set . I attended Store Street twice a week for classes ..cant remember for how long

Am in the DMR South

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

The CPD stations are set . I attended Store Street twice a week for classes ..cant remember for how long

Am in the DMR South
    Ah right not to bad I’m wondering does Waterford be one of the stations cause it would be ya day for myself.
    Have u dealt with any bad experiences?
    And have we powers in arrest and public order?
    Sorry for all the questions

Ah right not to bad I’m wondering does Waterford be one of the stations cause it would be ya day for myself.
    Have u dealt with any bad experiences?
    And have we powers in arrest and public order?
    Sorry for all the questions

Power of arrest under the Public order act cover sec 8 failure to comply with the direction of a garda / powers under road traffice act section 41 power to seize a vehicle..Powers under Sec 4 Criminal LAw act to arrest withoiut warrant

Power of arrest under the Public order act cover sec 8 failure to comply with the direction of a garda / powers under road traffice act section 41 power to seize a vehicle..Powers under Sec 4 Criminal LAw act to arrest withoiut warrant

Ok sound and have u dealt with any experiences where u had to use ur baton

Ok sound and have u dealt with any experiences where u had to use ur baton

Most reserve will in their time have to use both their baston and pepper spray. It is not the first option , there are levels of reaction to a Public Order situation , talking is the first , non contact , soft contact prior to using spray or baton

• Advertisement

Most reserve will in their time have to use both their baston and pepper spray. It is not the first option , there are levels of reaction to a Public Order situation , talking is the first , non contact , soft contact prior to using spray or baton

Ah I see thanks for all your help
    Anyone else have any experiences or advice?

Also just wondering is there more powers coming for the reserves and I heard their going to be more independent whatever that means?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jonnymurphy

Just wondering i passed interview in August and br sent in still no word for any further stages is this normal or should i contact HQ
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Think it depends on where you are in the country

Based in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Give them a ring they are very helpfull

Yeah they were not much help . Anybody else in the same situation

Yeah they were not much help . Anybody else in the same situation

That’s strange man like I also had my initial interview in August and now I have my medical in two weeks time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

Does anyone know when you finish training and fully attested what do they give you? So the full time get a policing degree what do reserve members get is it a certificate? L5/L6?

That’s strange man like I also had my initial interview in August and now I have my medical in two weeks time

Ring again on Monday and try get more information thanks

Just wondering i passed interview in August and br sent in still no word for any further stages is this normal or should i contact HQ
    Thanks

Its up to your local Sergeant to get onto you now. HQ have nothing to do with those meetings.

Does anyone know when you finish training and fully attested what do they give you? So the full time get a policing degree what do reserve members get is it a certificate? L5/L6?

Good question man. Also does anyone know that for phase 2 and 4 can we request to do it at a station especially if we are still in college and trying to accomadre to it like?

Very interesting that should be done here but it won’t though

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Yeah very good, but what orr the odds of that here ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

According to ther recent quarterly report submitted to the IPA there will be 300 reserves in training by Qtr 4 2017 but this is off target . So perhaps by the 1st Qtr 2018 they will be back on track

They are well off target. I have heard no one else get a medical yet so can't see it being January.

They are well off target. I have heard no one else get a medical yet so can't see it being January.

A lot of applicants are not signed up to this forum so there may indeed be those ho have recieved their invitations to commence their training in January 2018.
    I have coached a few for their Interview and all successfully passed and some have already been called for medicals so it does seem to be moving along

Hi ya I have been called for my medical for next Wednesday the 29th.

A lot of applicants are not signed up to this forum so there may indeed be those ho have recieved their invitations to commence their training in January 2018.
    I have coached a few for their Interview and all successfully passed and some have already been called for medicals so it does seem to be moving along

Hi have people passed their medical already and have been called for training already ?

Hi ya I have been called for my medical for next Wednesday the 29th.

Thats brilliant , all the best with it.

Once completed the CMO will tell you there and then if you have passed. Then its only a matter of waiting for the invite to the college

Thats brilliant , all the best with it.

Once completed the CMO will tell you there and then if you have passed. Then its only a matter of waiting for the invite to the college

Hahaha thanks I’m nervous I won’t pass though. Do you know if many have passed the medical and have been called for training yet?

Myself and 2 others I know have been waiting 4 years + and people who have been waiting a few months are getting training... Best of luck to them but what a ****ing joke.

• Advertisement

Myself and 2 others I know have been waiting 4 years + and people who have been waiting a few months are getting training... Best of luck to them but what a ****ing joke.

Sometimes its the fact that vetting form ahs to go to a lot of juristictions outside of ireland . Mine had to go to the US and Holland . I t took me 18 months from application to getting to Templemore

Advertisement