Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

SO7378 wrote: »
    Im Sligo Leitrim too.. placed 7

Ah not to bad ya i got placed 4 I say u will get a date soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Ah not to bad ya i got placed 4 I say u will get a date soon.

They tend to put the new gards in carrick be intresting

They tend to put the new gards in carrick be intresting

Ya that’s where I’m hoping to be placed I’m not sure if there is many reserves there at the moment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jb969665

Hi I did mine in august. My supertindent one was October. And I’m located in Leitrim.
    Best of luck with the Medical.I phoned HQ today for an update and they said all my Getting came back so as soon as there's a medical available,I'll be called..Did they email you regarding the Medical appointment or by phone?

Ya that’s where I’m hoping to be placed I’m not sure if there is many reserves there at the moment ?

None at all i dont think, two of themast year we t full time and idk if theres any left...nice spot.. Busy weekends!

• Advertisement

None at all i dont think, two of themast year we t full time and idk if theres any left...nice spot.. Busy weekends!

Ah ya it is ya I’m hoping to be there on the beat with all those Crowds we could be stationed together man.

jb969665 wrote: »
    Best of luck with the Medical.I phoned HQ today for an update and they said all my Getting came back so as soon as there's a medical available,I'll be called..Did they email you regarding the Medical appointment or by phone?

Thanks man I’ll need it 😂 oh that’s great ya u will be called soon. Ya they emailed me to let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kikimull

Hi . How are yous. Im new to this board. I was looking up imformation on the garda reserve as i had registered to volunteer when the new recruitment drive started. I was lucky enough to place 4 in wicklow, on that i was invited into stage 2 where a interview was conducted in chapter house with a retired member of the force and a lady from public jobs. Although i was very nervous it went well and i recieved a email a week or 2 after saying i was succesful and i will be now be forwarded onto a medical and garda vetting. I sent my br form in which was sent back due to no date of birth of my grandfather (who i never knew). I disclosed this is a letter. Since then i have heard back nothing. I see from reading through this board that people have had a meeting with there local skipper, im just concerned how my application whi went so quick has came to a hault. Do u recieve a email regarding a meeting with your local skipper or do your local station ring you personaly. I keep thinking maybe its something to do with my br form although iv never been in trouble before. I hope this board and people on it who has been in same situation might have some information. Thanks again.

Kikimull wrote: »
    Hi . How are yous. Im new to this board. I was looking up imformation on the garda reserve as i had registered to volunteer when the new recruitment drive started. I was lucky enough to place 4 in wicklow, on that i was invited into stage 2 where a interview was conducted in chapter house with a retired member of the force and a lady from public jobs. Although i was very nervous it went well and i recieved a email a week or 2 after saying i was succesful and i will be now be forwarded onto a medical and garda vetting. I sent my br form in which was sent back due to no date of birth of my grandfather (who i never knew). I disclosed this is a letter. Since then i have heard back nothing. I see from reading through this board that people have had a meeting with there local skipper, im just concerned how my application whi went so quick has came to a hault. Do u recieve a email regarding a meeting with your local skipper or do your local station ring you personaly. I keep thinking maybe its something to do with my br form although iv never been in trouble before. I hope this board and people on it who has been in same situation might have some information. Thanks again.

Well man ya my local station rang me personally the sergeant did to inform me of when to meet for the chat. That’s strange about ur br form try ringing HR they might be able to help it shouldn’t of affected ur process that much

Ah ya it is ya I’m hoping to be there on the beat with all those Crowds we could be stationed together man.

Yeah man its very busy up there and the local Chief Super said on the radio thats where they tend to put the recruits so it would be a mkce place to start, yeah i would imagine so :D

• Advertisement

Yeah man its very busy up there and the local Chief Super said on the radio thats where they tend to put the recruits so it would be a mkce place to start, yeah i would imagine so :D

Oh really ya can’t wait now just after passing the medical so hopefully training will start soon.

Passed the medical there today anyone else pass it today ? Hope we get training dates soon or did anyone else get told about training dates?

Has anyone got a call for a medical in the wicklow area or south dublin.. i was place 4 and have still heard nothing since passing the interview and sending in my br form. In relation to my application who do i ring,? Public jobs or garda HQ ? I think im going to ring monday . The process was going very fast until i passed the interview , since then iv heard nothing. Aupose with the news today that the garda have no money left to pay the full time garda overtime they could look to recruit more reserves. Fingers crossed anyway .

Passed the medical there today anyone else pass it today ? Hope we get training dates soon or did anyone else get told about training dates?

Iv been waiting for at least 3 or 4 months since passing the interview. Have heard nothing since. Very frustrating. I was place 4 in wicklow. Hopefully the speed of the recruitment speeds up

Kikimull wrote: »
    Has anyone got a call for a medical in the wicklow area or south dublin.. i was place 4 and have still heard nothing since passing the interview and sending in my br form. In relation to my application who do i ring,? Public jobs or garda HQ ? I think im going to ring monday . The process was going very fast until i passed the interview , since then iv heard nothing. Aupose with the news today that the garda have no money left to pay the full time garda overtime they could look to recruit more reserves. Fingers crossed anyway .

Ya contact HR they deal with it not public jobs. Ya I heard that ya hopefully more reserves will be recruited

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Well done.....
    How long have you been waiting and where in the country are you..... did u get a training date..... any idea of how the training will be done

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

Guys a quick question regarding anyone who wears glasses and has done their medical lately. When you went in for the eye test were you asked if you wantedon't to do the eye test with or without out your glasses/ contacts???? Thanks.

gem112 wrote: »
    Well done.....
    How long have you been waiting and where in the country are you..... did u get a training date..... any idea of how the training will be done

Thanks I was waiting two months im in Leitrim. No they didn’t give a training date, I think it’s being done the old way I don’t know

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

I am in the high teens for Dublin.. . Sgt and super interview done in september and October ..... just waiting on medical.....

Has anyone applied to go full time too? Or just reserves?

• Advertisement

Has anyone applied to go full time too? Or just reserves?

I’m waiting for the new campaign to open in the new year and I’ll be applying for it

I’m waiting for the new campaign to open in the new year and I’ll be applying for it

I just got results i passed interview today so idk which will come first.. I think full time as they want a class to start january

I just got results i passed interview today so idk which will come first.. I think full time as they want a class to start january

Well done man ya but they want a class for the reserves to start in January aswell. So u have passed interview for full time and ur waiting for medical for reserves ?

Well done man ya but they want a class for the reserves to start in January aswell. So u have passed interview for full time and ur waiting for medical for reserves ?

Cheers lad, yeah thats true too, but ive been told alot of training id being done in local stations i think thats how there managing it

Cheers lad, yeah thats true too, but ive been told alot of training id being done in local stations i think thats how there managing it

Oh ya and were u told what station you could be doing it in ?

Oh ya and were u told what station you could be doing it in ?

No i was told that some stations can do it.. Id say for the likes of you sligk would be us as its the Regional HQ

No i was told that some stations can do it.. Id say for the likes of you sligk would be us as its the Regional HQ

Oh yes I get ya but I would get to be a reserve in Carrick On Shannon then when I’m attested wouldn’t I ?

Oh yes I get ya but I would get to be a reserve in Carrick On Shannon then when I’m attested wouldn’t I ?

Oh yeah i would imagine so, thats were they send most recruits, they dont tend to send reserves too far.. Sligo or carrick youd be i say

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Panjandrums

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah i would imagine so, thats were they send most recruits, they dont tend to send reserves too far.. Sligo or carrick youd be i say

That’s grand thanks man ya I’d prefer Carrick because it’s handier for me

Advertisement