Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    That’s grand thanks man ya I’d prefer Carrick because it’s handier for me

Oh i would to the aunt lives there Nd im based in sligo so il be there id say

Going on previous campaigns, how long is there between campaigns?or before the process will open up again?
    I was single digits in my county but had to drop out due to studying abroad.

The full time take on couple of hundred every good couple of months (maybe two intakes a year ish) idk about reserves because this is the first time in a while that they have decided to take a good few on..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

SO7378 wrote: »
    Oh i would to tbe aunt lives there Nd im based in sligo so il be there id say

I can't see them placing you in Carrick-on-Shannon it's too far for someone not getting paid.

Surely it would be Ballymote or Sligo station.

D Trent wrote: »
    I can't see them placing you in Carrick-on-Shannon it's too far for someone not getting paid.

Surely it would be Ballymote or Sligo station.

It actually has no difference your still doing the same job unfortunatley and the numbers in Carrick and Sligo are the lowest in the Northwest so more than likely it will be

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

It actually has no difference your still doing the same job unfortunatley and the numbers in Carrick and Sligo are the lowest in the Northwest so more than likely it will be

Ya your right they need more guards in Carrick and Sligo and especially reserves.

• Advertisement

Ya your right they need more guards in Carrick and Sligo and especially reserves.

Yeah i know carrick is crazy on weekends, with all the hen nights, then in sligo you have the I.T and FAS and PLC colleges so its generally very busy

Yeah i know carrick is crazy on weekends, with all the hen nights, then in sligo you have the I.T and FAS and PLC colleges so its generally very busy

Oh ya your right ya both towns need more guards and especially reserves to deal with all of that like

Oh ya your right ya both towns need more guards and especially reserves to deal with all of that like

Oh i agree man, will you keep me up to date with how your getting on ? were in the same sort of area anyway so.. If we end up being in the same training class thatd be some craic..

Oh i agree man, will you keep me up to date with how your getting on ? were in the same sort of area anyway so.. If we end up being in the same training class thatd be some craic..

Oh I will no bother man just waiting on training dates ya hopefully we will be in same class. You let me know to how your getting on aswell man

Oh I will no bother man just waiting on training dates ya hopefully we will be in same class. You let me know to how your getting on aswell man

Will do ladðŸ‘ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Anyone Else who had medical on the 29th pass aswell? And have ye heard when training is starting

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

Has anyone from Dublin been called for medical

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jamie199323

Hi just wondering has anybody in cork been called for the medical yet ? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

"You will of course be well aware of the recruitment underway for Garda Reserve and the programme of civilianisation.

The first class of new Reserve recruits will enter the College early next year and there is an ongoing process of civilian recruitment to fill technical and administrative roles and provide additional expertise in the organisation."
    http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/SP17000429

D Trent wrote: »
    "You will of course be well aware of the recruitment underway for Garda Reserve and the programme of civilianisation.

The first class of new Reserve recruits will enter the College early next year and there is an ongoing process of civilian recruitment to fill technical and administrative roles and provide additional expertise in the organisation."
    http://www.justice.ie/en/JELR/Pages/SP17000429

That’s great news hopefully we will get the emails soon I say it will be January or February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭nilescraneo

Any idea when GR will be recruiting again? Want to give it a go to see what the job is like before applying for regular. Cheers.

Any idea when GR will be recruiting again? Want to give it a go to see what the job is like before applying for regular. Cheers.

Well man there suppose to be 300 ever year so it could be middle of next year but you could be waiting a while. People who applied last April are only starting in templemore in January so it’s a long enough wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭nilescraneo

Sound, I'm a civil servant at the moment so know how slowly things can move! Will just keep an eye on public jobs I suppose.

Sound, I'm a civil servant at the moment so know how slowly things can move! Will just keep an eye on public jobs I suppose.

Are you allowed to be a civil servant when your applying for the reserves ? I don’t think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Are you allowed to be a civil servant when your applying for the reserves ? I don’t think so

The Poster is fine to join...
    What are the restrictions on admission to training for the Garda
    Reserve?
    Notwithstanding that the requirements of Regulation 4 (Section 3 above) are
    met, a person may not be recruited for admission as a Reserve trainee if the
    person-
     holds a designated certificate, licence or permit, (which is issued by the
    District Court, Circuit Court, Garda Síochána or Revenue
    Commissioners and that involves gain to the holder, including any
    such certificate, licence or permit issued pursuant to – (i) the
    Licensing Acts 1833 to 2004, (ii) the Betting Acts 1931 and 1994, or
    (iii) any laws regulating places of public entertainment),
     is a member of the Defence Forces,
     is an officer of court,
     is an officer of the probation and welfare service,
     is a bailiff,
     is a prison officer,
     is a practising barrister or a practising solicitor,
     for reward or personal gain, manages or conducts, or assists in the
    management or conducting of, a concern or premises which is required by
    law to be operated under a licence, permit or certificate, the grant of
    which may be opposed by the Garda Síochána,
     provides a security service within the meaning of the Private Security
    Services Act 2004,
     serves summonses as a spare time activity, or
     is employed in any occupation or holds any appointment or position which,
    in the opinion of the Garda Commissioner, may cause a conflict of interest
    with the proper discharge of the duties of a Reserve member.
    Notwithstanding any other provision of these Regulations, the Garda
    Commissioner may not recruit a person for admission as a Reserve trainee if it
    appears to the Commissioner that the person is generally unsuitable for such
    admission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

HI all, has anyone in wexford been called yet for the medical. Thanks.

vardy98 wrote: »
    HI all, has anyone in wexford been called yet for the medical. Thanks.

Jesus I thought all the Medicals would be done by now they would want to be because there having a class starting in January.

Jesus I thought all the Medicals would be done by now they would want to be because there having a class starting in January.[/quote]

Ya I thought the same, but i havn't heard any word yet. Anyone on hear in wexford?

They haven't said what January

gem112 wrote: »
    They haven't said what January

It’s going to be either January or February this year there not going to leave it till 2019 tahts to long away especially when there was suppose to be 300 already gone in this year

Rang last week...they said all my stuff was back and to just wait to be called for medical.....they said I should be called in the next few weeks..... anyone have any ideas how many are in a class

I'd say myself their would have to be 150 to 200 in the intake if they are serious about getting the reserve strength up to 2000 by 2021. But that's just a guess on what they want to achieve.

I'd say myself their would have to be 150 to 200 in the intake if they are serious about getting the reserve strength up to 2000 by 2021. But that's just a guess on what they want to achieve.

Ya man I say ur right I hope we get the email soon about dates have you ur medical done yet?

Ya man I say ur right I hope we get the email soon about dates have you ur medical done yet?[/quote]

No unfortunately not lad, I'm still waiting here, Hopfully I hear somthing soon, I'm in the mid 40s oom here in Wexford so maybe that's what is slowing me up, I don't no?

• Advertisement

Ya man I say ur right I hope we get the email soon about dates have you ur medical done yet?

No unfortunately not lad, I'm still waiting here, Hopfully I hear somthing soon, I'm in the mid 40s oom here in Wexford so maybe that's what is slowing me up, I don't no?[/quote]

Ah right I see hopefully u get called soon as they need to get a class in soon

Advertisement