Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda reserve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

I'm in the late teens for Dublin.. . Hope to hear soon

Was talking to a friend who is in the reserves he said there is generally 40/50 in each class....

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

gem112 wrote: »
    Was talking to a friend who is in the reserves he said there is generally 40/50 in each class....

Let's hope they take a good few in anyway, if their was 4 classes of 50 that would be 200 in altogether. Hopfully we hear somthing soon, has anyone got oFfestiniog yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

vardy98 wrote: »
    Let's hope they take a good few in anyway, if their was 4 classes of 50 that would be 200 in altogether. Hopfully we hear somthing soon, has anyone got oFfestiniog yet?

“Ofestiniog yet” ? What you mean
    I ranch HR today and they still don’t know any dates yet as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

Forget about OOM's.They mean nothing at this stage.You could have OOM of 1,and someone with a higher OOM could be in long before you.Its down to vetting and how much needs to be checked on you BR Form.

• Advertisement

Fair enough...

As I said was talking to them last week and everything is back and they are happy with it....just waiting on the email for a medical

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭donman

As I said was talking to them last week and everything is back and they are happy with it....just waiting on the email for a medical

Well done gem112.You've the hard part done.....Vetting.I'd say you'll be called on the next round of medicals.Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Idk what the hell is going on..

My interview was the 9th september and i passed... Placed 7 in Sligo/Leitrim...

3 months later and still no medical.. They have to be the slowest force to move applications.. Idc that the full time are taking on at the same time.. because ive applied for that too and im at the same stage as the reserves with the full time.. Placed 404... And no medical only an invitation to the college..which is on the 6th of january to go over the Push pull machine..obsticle course..a tour.. and all that is conducted for the physical..

Like is somone asleep at the wheel here or whats the craic like.. Why invite people to the college to "try out for the physical" and try the machines and get a tour when we HAVENT EVEN DONE A MEDICAL..... What is going on....

I can't see anything happening between now and first week in jan

• Advertisement

I can't see anything happening between now and first week in jan

It’s ridiculous I thought they would be having a class starting by January

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    It’s ridiculous I thought they would be having a class starting by January

Its a joke lad.. They want good decent people for the job but they cant even give straight answers or facts regarding.. Training ... Etc.. I had to leave my job because they wouldnt give me time off to do the tests. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

Guys me and two other posters have been telling ya all for months now how slow it is we have been in the recruitment process for years, put on waiting list and what not. Just get on with it and don't focus on it to much and certainly don't put your life on hold. They are extremely slow and if they say January expect it to be May or June.

Guys me and two other posters have been telling ya all for months now how slow it is we have been in the recruitment process for years, put on waiting list and what not. Just get on with it and don't focus on it to much and certainly don't put your life on hold. They are extremely slow and if they say January expect it to be May or June.

Sure i know well but they come back each year telling us "theres gonna be a big push" with recruitment... You have a good point... The full time process is almost tge same..

SO7378 wrote: »
    Sure i know well but they come back each year telling us "theres gonna be a big push" with recruitment... You have a good point... The full time process is almost tge same..

It’s ridiculous like if they keep delaying it they won’t get 2000 members by by 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭vardy98

It’s ridiculous like if they keep delaying it they won’t get 2000 members by by 2021[/quote]

I was thinking the exact same thing their tonight, it's looking blue for a class being formed for jan/ feb, I don't think they will meetc the 2000 target by 2021? In my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bazm00re

Kikimull wrote: »
    Iv been waiting for at least 3 or 4 months since passing the interview. Have heard nothing since. Very frustrating. I was place 4 in wicklow. Hopefully the speed of the recruitment speeds up

Hey there, did you follow up on this? I’m in a similar situation, I placed 1 in Monaghan and did the interview in Dublin and received an email two days later, I sent in my br form and that’s the last I’ve heard. Put it to the back of my mind as best I could but I would like some indication on it. I called the hr dept a few months back and was told to wait! Just wondered if anyone else was in the area with a similar situation?

It’s ridiculous like if they keep delaying it they won’t get 2000 members by by 2021

I was thinking the exact same thing their tonight, it's looking blue for a class being formed for jan/ feb, I don't think they will meetc the 2000 target by 2021? In my opinion.[/quote]

2000 target?? How about they gett one class in and trained first before waving big numbers like that around... A joke

Bazm00re wrote: »
    Hey there, did you follow up on this? I’m in a similar situation, I placed 1 in Monaghan and did the interview in Dublin and received an email two days later, I sent in my br form and that’s the last I’ve heard. Put it to the back of my mind as best I could but I would like some indication on it. I called the hr dept a few months back and was told to wait! Just wondered if anyone else was in the area with a similar situation?

Yeah lad i placed 7 in sligo... Past interview 3 months ago.. Just waiting on medical... Havent heard a scratch... People spend time and money to travel up.. Take time off work.. Some even couldnt get time off and had to leave work.. Its crazy.. Idk whats going on. . and they dont tell ya anything.. My application is still "processing"

I was thinking the exact same thing their tonight, it's looking blue for a class being formed for jan/ feb, I don't think they will meetc the 2000 target by 2021? In my opinion.[/quote]
    Ur right man I just hope they will be having the first class starting in January or February

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Bazm00re

SO7378 wrote: »
    Yeah lad i placed 7 in sligo... Past interview 3 months ago.. Just waiting on medical... Havent heard a scratch... People spend time and money to travel up.. Take time off work.. Some even couldnt get time off and had to leave work.. Its crazy.. Idk whats going on. . and they dont tell ya anything.. My application is still "processing"

Was this for the reserves? Have you had your interview in the local station? I have not even reached that stage. When I see the stage some candidates are at now, I am feeling a little bit in limbo. I will just call and try to chase it a little.

Bazm00re wrote: »
    Was this for the reserves? Have you had your interview in the local station? I have not even reached that stage. When I see the stage some candidates are at now, I am feeling a little bit in limbo. I will just call and try to chase it a little.

Yeah reserves..No only the Sergeant and that was for like not even 10 mins because i knew him... Still have inspector interview to do.. Agh idk man we may be further than you but we aint going anywher haha... Well i keep ringing and they know nothing.. Sure what can you do

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Eire_1600

Is it possible to apply for the Garda Reserve if you are still 17 but would be 18 at time of been recruited. I will be 18 in December 2018 and am worried the next GR recruitment campaign will be before this and I'll have to wait an extra year, I've heard the application process is slow so what things could I do now to prepare for interviews, assessments etc. and what tests will be carried out?

Thanks.

So much for something happen soon.... Still no word on any more medicals or training dates.

So much for something happen soon.... Still no word on any more medicals or training dates.

Totally agree with ya man we are in 2018 now they would want to be getting things moving from next week onwards like. I have all passed just waiting on training date its annoying like

Hyneser03 wrote: »
    Totally agree with ya man we are in 2018 now they would want to be getting things moving from next week onwards like. I have all passed just waiting on training date its annoying like

I'm waiting on a medical myself, I honestly can't see there being a class this month if they don't get more medicals done, they usually get 20 people done on medical days and there has only been one so far, so for there to be a class they would need to be 3 or 4 more.

Think they are trying to get the full time done asap for the upcoming classes.....

Think they are trying to get the full time done asap for the upcoming classes.....

What you mean done like fir 2017 cause aren’t they announcing a new campaign for more full time this year? So are the reseves going to left aside as usual

Lads I think there is something we can all agree on and that is this campaign just like the last one is a joke.

• Advertisement

Lads I think there is something we can all agree on and that is this campaign just like the last one is a joke.

I think ur right man

Advertisement